140 results in 0.0142 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• ekc123
    replied to Delay Batch 625
    SNP tests?

Most of the delays seem to be related to the Y-STR tests. What about individual SNP tests? Has anyone received results for individual SNP tests on time in this batch? Last time I ordered an individual SNP test, I got the results in a couple of weeks, but...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    replied to Request for improved communication
    I agree completely. The company could have avoided a lot of these headaches if it would have set up a notice page or something like that. In the long run, not notifying customers of the supply issues and subsequent delays was counterproductive, since it ended up coming to light in the forums anyway,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ekc123; 4 March 2015, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    replied to Batch 602
    That's great. I finally received the last panel I was waiting on for my yDNA 111 upgrade. It sounds like the company is finally working on clearing out the backlog. Hopefully the others waiting in this batch will receive results soon....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    replied to Expected dates and lab delays
    I was waiting on the last 8 markers for my yDNA 111 upgrade. I believe it was panel 86-93. With the arrival of the results for that panel, I now have all my results. The final results showed up sometime on 3/1. Are you still waiting on y results?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    My results are in today

I received my final panel today for my yDNA 111 upgrade. Thank you to Darren for checking on the status of my order. I was in batch 601.

I would strongly suggest to the company that it devise a means for notifying customers of potential delays...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    I agree. The wait time is not the issue. I have had some good experiences with FTDNA in the past and have been a customer since around 2005. I've had some tests arrive before the projected completion date and I've had to wait for over five months for at least one test.

Nevertheless,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ekc123; 1 March 2015, 01:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    replied to Batch 602
    I think you are correct, because I believe a couple of others belonging to 601 posted that they got their results on another thread. It does not appear that FTDNA is going in batch order, although it seems that folks with older batch numbers have been the ones posting y results the last few days....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    replied to Batch 602
    Still waiting on 601 results

I'm still waiting on ydna results from batch 601. The new date for completion is supposedly from 2/25 to 3/11. I've already spoken with the AG's office in my state and have my complaint form ready for submission. If my results aren't in by 3/11, I guess...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    Very true. I followed the procedure to submit an inquiry about my test on the site, and so far all I have gotten in response is silence. I believe some people are of the opinion that the technical nature of the service provided somehow absolves the company of all responsibility for anything that happens...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    I've waited over five months for a test before and I was okay with that, not happy, but I didn't complain (other than contacting customer support a couple of times). However, this present situation is different, at least with regard to the yDNA STR tests. The delays are not due to concern for "accuracy"...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ekc123; 28 February 2015, 02:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    You are correct. I've already contacted the BBB and if I don't get some kind of a response and a realistic answer about when my results are going to be ready, I will contact my state's AG office. Like I said, I've had to wait before for test results, but what ticks me off about this present situation...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    replied to For those awaiting Y results
    And a test that is in 'ceased production' status for an unspecified period of time due to missing components as were the ySTR panel tests, but which were still available for sale as if there were no problems, is in a whole different league. In fact, that's just plain underhanded. Granted this is a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    Well said. And when issues arise that affect production or processing tests in a timely manner, please notify customers. That has been what has angered me the most after reading about the supply issues in the forum....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    replied to 602 one more day.....
    I've only had to file one complaint with the AG in my life, but it definitely worked and I got my issue resolved quickly. A company totally unrelated to this one had an automatic renewal provision in a service contract that renewed on a yearly basis. The problem was that they were breaking the law...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ekc123; 26 February 2015, 12:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ekc123
    replied to Why all the delays
    delays

You are correct. The company failed to notify customers about the lack of the availability of the str test, since they apparently ceased production for an unspecified period of time due to no longer being supplied with a component they needed to process the str tests....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ekc123; 25 February 2015, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X