Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.0881 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Have 4th and 5th Cousin matches just become very important to me

Hello. I am R-FT165188 (Y-700, and YFull). I have been chasing down the bio-father of my Great Grandfather Richard CLARKE for decades. I know he was illegitimate. (b c1831/2 assumed Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire). I’ve done a lot of paper research, and just about every DNA test possible. I’ve never had...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Mudgeeclarke; 12 September 2020, 01:42 PM.

• Mudgeeclarke
    replied to Grumble and Moan
    Thanks, FERN and ABUELITA. Just saw these responses for some reason. Appreciate your interest.

I’ve tested “everywhere” all the Ys, all mtDNA, and all autosomal, (at several companies) and for years I’ve been at GEDMatch as well as the various sites. My Facebook Page for it is “The...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Mudgeeclarke; 12 September 2019, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mudgeeclarke
    replied to Latest Y-700 batches
    I got Batch 953 a couple of weeks ago Y700, (after just over 5 months) which was an upgrade to my Y500 I’ve had for a few years (and at YFull). I really only did it to add to the general data pool because I’d had no matches at all for Big Y500.

And then today, bingo. First Big Y Match ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mudgeeclarke
    replied to Big Y-700 Results
    Hello.

Today I got my first Big Y 700 match.

I’ve had Y500 for a few years (also have it at Y Full) and no matches notified, so I presume getting a Y700 match means that the newer (deeper?) SNPs of Y700 found the person.

How can I determine a likely Time Before...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mudgeeclarke
    replied to Grumble and Moan
    Yes, we have similar stories. My Great Grandfather Clarke used his mothers name, so unless his father was (Gulp) a Clarke sibling/cousin/etc, Clarke is not really the surname I am looking for. But WHAT name should I look for?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mudgeeclarke
    Batch 953 delayed until late September. I’d say Christmas will be here before the result. After 27 September (6 months) I’ll ask for a refund and cancel the test. (I have Y500 which will do) Obviously they are more concerned in sales and getting orders. They used to be such a good company.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mudgeeclarke
    started a topic Grumble and Moan

Grumble and Moan

Nothing substantive - this will make me feel better though. Eight years and no breakthroughs. No freaking decent matches. Who was my paternal great grandfather’s father. C’mon people, I don’t want your castle or your gold. I want a name. (One I can spell easily, please.). ;-)
    See more | Go to post

• Mudgeeclarke
    Y700. Batch 953. Ordered mid March 2019. (I already had Y500).

This note is now seen at my “pending”.

Quote: ”Results for your Big Y test have been delayed. We have updated your predicted completion date, and action by you is not usually required. Note that predicted...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I am FTDNA 206005 Clarke and my closest match is 392206 Deed. We have done Big Y. We are both at Y Full, and on The Big Tree. We are S-1491 > R-Y23824 on the YFull pages, and R-8493901-C-T at the Big Tree. At Y Full we have 11 common SNPs; the next closest to us at S1491 only have 2.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Oh yes, patience. Such a lonely word, since 1979, trying to break down brick walls. I went in with both eyes open, but did expect a clue. Or two. Nope. From Y111, BigY and confirmed via YFull, I'm still about 3000 years from my goal. And recently, from another UK test, my regional sub group is about...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Those pesky 25 notifications ...

Thank you all for the interest and for the replies.

Yes, I had also thought that transfers to FTDNA may be contributing to the 25s. For quite some time now, I have not been looking at or getting notifications of 12 markers, so I think I'm...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Mudgeeclarke; 27 July 2018, 05:35 AM. Reason: Added HG

Leave a comment:

• Increasing numbers of non-British testees, you say.

Thanks, Mr W for replying. Hadn't thought of that. So the reason I'm not getting past 25 markers is because people of British origin are no longer testing at the same or increased numbers, but "others" are, and the 25s results...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• What's with so many 25 Marker results?

G'Day. This is not really a grumble or a gripe. But close enough.

I'm wondering why there are so many 25 markers on my "good news, another match" news that do not go to any other level.

Let me put it this way. 12 markers, which I ignore, I have 15000 plus....
    See more | Go to post

• Many thanks for a clear example, and a positive suggestion. Shared Novel seems the logical way. Even with that, I'm a long way short of your cousin example, although I realize the quantity of shared novels will vary. When one has no idea who the paternal line is at father of G GF, finding the DNA...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you for taking time to reply.

Oh, I'm in many Projects and appropriate HG forums, and via Alex Williamson, although I would not say any of those good folk have enough time to deal with my search for an NPE back at GGF level.

You're right about trying to see through mud,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X