No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
61 results in 0.0508 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I match 62 of 67 markers with another individual who shares my surname "Schroeder". When Tom Caulley, the project administrator for the Schroeder genealogy Facebook group, kindly ran a TMRCA analysis it turned out to be 550 years - shown below. My question is can a percentage be assigned...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    replied to Jewish PF Results.
    This is now a 4 year old thread, so a bit out of date. But one of my two (surviving) sisters recently tested at Ancestry.com and came up with 1% "European Jewish", with the error bar ranging up to 4%. Over there I test zero for European Jewish, so now I'm eager to have my other sister tested,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    replied to Ancient Origins
    My Ancient Origins adds up to 101%, oddly.

46% Hunter-Gatherer
    40% Farmer
    15% Metal Age Invader
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    replied to DNA.Land Vs. MyOrigins
    I'm entirely NW Euro in ancestry, including Scottish and German, but show 6.9% Mediterranean Islander on DNAland. Here at FTDNA I'm showing 2% South/Central Asian (shown to center on Afghanistan), with everything else northern Euro, if memory serves (haven't looked recently at results). At 23andme...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have a 62/67 match to an individual who shares my surname. Unfortunately, he has no genealogical record beyond the birth year of his furthest back paternal line ancestor, Luke Schroeder, who was born in 1800. Luke lived in England, but my match doesn't know if he was born there.

Luckily,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Age of 12 and 12 minus-one

How old are the 12 and 12-1 matches? I'm in E-V13, which peaks in the Balkans, and sure enough my strongest match frequency at this level is in the Balkans.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    replied to BigY vs STR Stories
    I just checked my SNP tree and I am "Presumed Positive" for E-L542.

I am 16-18 for 385a/b, while he is 15-17. But this counts for 1-step, as these two markers move in tandem. He and I are 9 and 10, respectively, for marker 511, 23 and 21 for marker 413a, and 23 and 24 for marker...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Dave123; 18 May 2015, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    replied to BigY vs STR Stories
    67 match with same surname

Several years ago I had a match that was 5 steps out at 67 markers, who shared my Schroeder surname. His furthest back paternal ancestor was Luke Schroeder, born in England in 1800. I checked my paternal line tree, and discovered that Kord Schroeder, the brother...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Estimating Common Ancestor

At the moment I only know another person's first 12 markers, even though I tested to 67 STR markers. We are both in haplogroup E. Here they are:

13-24-13-10-16-16-11-12-12-13-11-30 His

13-24-13-10-16-18-11-12-12-14-11-31 Mine

I hope to have more markers...
    See more | Go to post

• Dave123
    @Taltos:

Interesting about the percentages you cite between the old PF and it's MyOrigins replacement. It does appear that they based the new BGA on the old dual-percentages - Orcadian/Middle East, if I remember. I too was rather baffled by my results. I knew I was predominantly NW Euro...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Dave123; 25 June 2014, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    @Taltos:

Thanks for the response. That might have been the thread I was referring to, I'll have to log in back over there. I didn't realize that the break point for JD here is 5%. That seems huge. In principle if I had 3% from a gr-gr-grandfather, it wouldn't show up here. I've been...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    Yes, I agree the numbers don't indicate any Jewish within 5 or 6 generations. But, I have wondered whether my Schaertzer line might be distantly connected to a Jewish Schertzer lineage. Ted Kandell, who used to post over at 23andme had Schertzer in his family name list, and is 100% Ashkenazi. I match...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    This is a 2 year old thread, but I've come upon new information on my Frank and Schaertzer lines that, presumably, will change my search criteria. I never received a response from the Staatsarchiv Marburg, but info from them may no longer be relevant. But I do want to immensely thank Ursus, Javelin,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dave123
    replied to Surnames and Y-DNA
    On Thursday, 19 December, the 67 marker results for Don Schroeder came in, and he's 5 steps out. At 37 markers he was 2 steps out. These two steps were in markers 385 a/b, where mine were 16-18, and his were 15-17. In the panel 37-67 here are the mismatches:

Marker/Don/Dave
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• New 67 match

I'm thrilled to report that the 2 step match to another Schroeder (my surname) at 37 markers came in two days ago just 5 steps off at 67 markers. Two of these mis-steps are in the 1st panel - 385 a and b. Mine are 16-18, while his are 15-17. Haven't yet figured out where...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X