Collapse
13 results in 0.0131 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• DaveP
    replied to No success, need advice
    Funny how situations can vary so much. Right now I have 1,340 exact 12 marker matches - none sharing my surname. Guess that must rank as a zillion zillion.

Zero exact at 25 markers, though....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied to Hoping for success
    Very interesting... seems like this one should be solvable, eventually. I'd think the odds are that the "Deeter' (or variant) surname is actually correct. It doesn't strike me as something someone would invent on the spot. I just did some quick on-line searching, and there are a ton of hits for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    started a topic Marker 68-111 mutation rates?

Marker 68-111 mutation rates?

Is there a single good 'go-to' source of info on mutation rates for the recently added 68-111 markers? I'm especially interested in DYS712, as my own value of 24 seems to be significantly different when compared with other results in the various projects I belong to. The other markers seem to be really...
    See more | Go to post

• DaveP
    replied to 12-marker, 62 exact matches
    Interesting to see how individual match numbers can differ so much, depending on all the variables. In my case I ended up with a huge number of exact 12 marker matches - over 1300. All part of being a common 'R1b', I suppose. At 25 markers I had no exact matches, and just 4 at genetic distance 1. At...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Another day, and I've now gone through two more cycles of the 111 marker panels disappearing and reappearing from the pending lab results menu. Has FTDNA posted anything official about this? I didn't have the null issue reported by others, but as it stands I clearly can't assume the marker values listed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied to ancestry.com leafs ?
    I discovered ancestry.com almost by accident a couple of months ago. Since I knew next to nothing about my family history, I was curious enough to subscribe for a year. For me, it was clearly worth the cost, as within a week I'd found a wealth of information.

I'd emphasize some of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm in the same boat. My 67-111 results supposedly came in last week. Yesterday, suddenly, they all showed up again as pending results. Then, just as suddenly after a couple of hours, they disappeared from the pending results. This morning, once more they're listed as pending results.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Two hours later, and they're suddenly listed as completed again. Very confusing.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Something may well be happening right now. My 67-111 panels were all supposedly finished last week, however within the past hour or so all five panels have suddenly reappeared under 'pending lab results', with the original batch number (408) and an estimated date of 5/30....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied to DNA Courses
    Many thanks for the tip. I've enrolled. FYI, for others, the cost at the current currency exchange rate is around $63.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I must be another Mohican! I'm R-L44+, with deep clade testing still in progress. I did the full 111 markers, and ended up with zero matches from 37 markers on. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied to DNA Testing
    Great point! I actually set up a little conversion spreadsheet when I got my Y-DNA report back from ancestry (it only took a week for the results... seems too fast to me). I'd intended to post them on Y-search, but came to the conclusion that I'd be better off just waiting for the full FTDNA findin...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied to DNA Testing
    I should be able to throw in my experience with that in a few weeks, from the opposite direction. I purchased both Y-DNA and mtDNA tests from ancestry.com a couple of weeks ago, before doing any real comparison. A bit of internet searching while waiting for the results made it pretty clear to me that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X