Search Result

Collapse
22 results in 0.0133 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Nothing in link

When I click on the link from the email I received today, all I get is a 404 error...so clearly they don't want to show the new coupons to people either...bit useless, as a 404 error isnt something I can use.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MrsB
    replied to FTDNA sucks!
    The problem is I don't look at my tree when trying to figure out who matches who (heck I barely use the tree, as it replicates what I already have, I only use it to assist with phasing and even then it's not great even for that).

Not much point in doing an "in common" check,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It doesn't work...am going round in circles for my husband and his mother. And of course You can't tell if this affects the Paternal/Maternal designations if her son is showing up as Mother relationship...particularly annoying as all her other known relationships are further than 3rd cousin (one is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MrsB
    replied to Next Steps?
    if the testing of descendants of the Knights doesn't work out I would consider your options.

In many cases in New Zealand matching you are probably going to have better luck with also doing Family Finder and using that to identify any others who have Knight etc connections, but who might...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MrsB
    replied to Zero step mtDNA match
    Seawarrior

As an adoptee I completely get their excitement.

However with a few FGS matches myself I would simply explain the generations involved of potential match (anywehre up to 16 or so), but that your maternal line starts for your ancestor of "this name"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MrsB
    replied to FF Results
    I am guessing they may or maynot have updated their gedcom, but thought they would add it to the surname list anyway, or they know the surname is probable, but maybe not proven.

The other possibility is that a branch that descends from a common ancestor has a large number of descendants...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well I have a tree and only have one confirmed match after 3 years, and plenty of my matches also have tree's. Admittedly half of my tree is missing (my fathers) but I don't think the 169 other matches are all on his side...in fact I have a match to two third cousins (who are cousins themselves) and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• What if an orange button appears below the matches, with nothing on the button it (no words jsut a orange blob).

But if you click on it, it takes you to Ysearch but does nothing once you are there...does that mean it's ready or not?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MrsB
    replied to Why do I get FGS match notifications
    wohooo

I have a FGS match!

Thankyou!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MrsB
    started a topic Why do I get FGS match notifications

Why do I get FGS match notifications

via email, and yet when I check there are none?

It is rather annoying as it gets your hopes up, only to log in and discover that nope, no changes since last time...

Today I got three emails, one for HVR1, one for HVR2 and one for FGS...well the last one at least was incorrect...
    See more | Go to post

• MrsB
    started a topic Batch 478

Batch 478

Hubby is in this batch, currently expected 17 October 2012...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by MrsB; 23 August 2012, 01:19 AM.

• MrsB
    replied to How
    I want to know how I can upload my image to my FTDNA account as currently it goes fine until it comes to step 2 which is crop...

But then it doesnt allow you to select anything to crop, but there is no option to not crop. So that only allows you to select nothing and then just select...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MrsB
    replied to HVR1 Match Email
    It appears this glitch is still happening, as I had similar in August last year and again today...

I know cos I only have one match on HVR1 so it is pretty easy to tell if you have any new ones.

Why do they send new emails when it isnt a new match?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Interesting, as I sent mine through NZ Post no problem.......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MrsB
    replied to Not a success; my emotional response
    No problem, the thing is there is no way to flag you actually have NO Gedcom, nor that you are an adoptee/NPE/have no information, so people make assumptions that you don't want to create one.

Plus some people do make judgements about helping, so adoptees etc can a little shy about mentioning...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X