No announcement yet.

Single Grave Corded Ware R1b-L51?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corded Ware is believed to have been a horse breeding, horse riding, mobile pastoralist culture. Here is a pretty good video on the earliest horse warriors. Yamnaya is discussed beginning about 30 minutes into the video. Corded Ware had about 80% Yamnaya dna.

Last edited by Stevo; 29 July 2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Guys, if you have a predicted R-M269 result from FTDNA and have central or western European ancestry, you are probably R1b-L51, with your terminal SNP downstream of either P312 or U106, which are the two biggest divisions of L51>P310>L151. You should be interested in the topic of this thread, since you are no doubt the descendants of Corded Ware y-dna ancestors.

Comment

The Neolithic farmers of central and western Europe were likely decimated by Yersinia pestis before the steppe pastoralists arrived in the third millennium BC, but there was a certain amount of violence involved in the population replacement, as well.

Globular Amphora Culture_GAC_massacre site_Koszyce in southern Poland.jpg

Comment

Anyone interested in discussing this topic? I am. It's a shame to let FTDNA's forum stand idle.

Comment

We're still waiting for the long expected Single Grave Corded Ware paper.

Comment

Thank you Stevo for this topic;

Paternally, I may be a descendant of this culture (Corded ware and Battle Axe).
              However, also appreciate that this is all a work in progress with much uncertainty.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewRoss View Post
                Thank you Stevo for this topic;

Paternally, I may be a descendant of this culture (Corded ware and Battle Axe).
                However, also appreciate that this is all a work in progress with much uncertainty.
                Thanks. This and other papers like it have been making the rounds of rumors and leaks for quite some time. Hope to see something soon!

Comment

Wikipedia has a nice article on the Corded Ware culture; 3,100 to 2,350 BC.
                  There are of course a number of related cultures which overlap in both time and location.
                  Some cultures were absorbed while others developed.

There is a separate article on a "local variant" the Single Grave culture 2,800 to 2,200 BC.
                  Termed "local" by Wikipedia it actually spans a huge area centered on modern day Denmark that includes Northern Germany.
                  Lots of migrations in & out of the area, but not entirely as a dynasty developed in that culture too.

My patrilineal ancestor R-Y2395 migrated to the area from the east around 2,900 BC.
                  This is roughly the onset of the Single Grave culture.
                  His descendants remained in the location thru ~2,100 BC; at least as my ancestor R-Z281.
                  This is roughly the end of the Single Grave culture.

R-Y2395 has 735 branches on the tree with 2,111 descendants in the SNP tracker.
                  R-Z284 (~2,700 BC) appears to be a significant descendant with 722 downstream branches and 2,086 descendants.
                  These can be placed into 2 major clads (R-S4458 and R-Z288) and 2 minor clads (R-YP556 and R-YP1370)

R-S4458 currently has 465 total branches and 1,370 descendants.
                  R-Z288 currently has 213 total branches and 604 descendants.

R-S4458 appears to splinter while R-Z288 descends to R-Z287 ~2,300 BC who in turn has 6 major branches (i.e. a dynasty).

Comment

Working...
                  X