Any other R1b1c6 folks out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other R1b1c6 folks out there?

Just curious if they're any R1b1c6 folks in the forums... :-)

Hi Arch,

I'm one....ySearch 6CYXC. The Yeoman surname is seen in Cornwall, what is your geographical orgin so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Yeomans
      Just curious if they're any R1b1c6 folks in the forums... :-)
      Arch, check out www.dna-forums.org/ Click on the R Haplogroup page and post a comment. Lots of informed people on that forum. And, they welcome newcomers.

Comment

Hi Arch,

I haven't been tested to R1b1c6 status yet by FTDNA. But I have three exact matches with R1b1c6. I am from Sicily. I come from two Norman ruled towns - Randazzo and St. Stefano of Camastra. I found that we (R1b1c6) have up to 5% to 6% exact matches in Wales and France/Normandy (English Channel). There is a good chance we were Normans in the last thousand years.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

R1b1c6 populations

R1b1c6 could be from the Norman, Angevin, Aragonese, Norse, Longobards, Lombards, Anglo Saxon or Spanish populations that made it to Sicily. 6% Exact Matches off The English Channel (UK/France).

Comment

Originally posted by john raciti
            R1b1c6 could be from the Norman, Angevin, Aragonese, Norse, Longobards, Lombards, Anglo Saxon or Spanish populations that made it to Sicily. 6% Exact Matches off The English Channel (UK/France).
            The highest frequency of R1b1c6 is found in the Basque region, it originated the Iberian Peninsula. Haplotypes don't always correllate to haplogroups.

Comment

Working...
            X