R1b-L21 Bell Beaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1b-L21 Bell Beaker

The paper, The Beaker Phenomenon And The Genomic Transformation Of Northwest Europe, by Olalde et al (2017), showed that apparently there was no R1b or steppe dna in Britain before the arrival of the Bell Beaker people in about 2400 BC. With the arrival of the Bell Beaker people there was plenty of both.

Here is an important passage from page 3 of Olalde et al:

Beginning with the Beaker period, and continuing through the Bronze Age, all British individuals harboured high proportions of Steppe ancestry and were genetically closely related to Beaker-associated individuals from the Lower Rhine area. We use these observations to show that the spread of the Beaker Complex to Britain was mediated by migration from the continent that replaced >90% of Britain’s Neolithic gene pool within a few hundred years, continuing the process that brought Steppe ancestry into central and northern Europe 400 years earlier.
    I created a Google spreadsheet on Bell Beaker R1b-L21. Here it is:

https://tinyurl.com/ybckz4fn

what's up with this whole forum section? all the posts are years old! My uncle has this YDNA type & he will be doing a Y test after he gets family finder test results. We know really nothing on his fathers side of the family & we wanted to know more & I thought I could try finding male cousins of his with same surname to do the same Y tests but since all these posts are old maybe the scientists have already solved the puzzle or something? maybe it's just these forums are not very active, strange...

Comment

Originally posted by MyTr33 View Post
      what's up with this whole forum section? all the posts are years old! My uncle has this YDNA type & he will be doing a Y test after he gets family finder test results. We know really nothing on his fathers side of the family & we wanted to know more & I thought I could try finding male cousins of his with same surname to do the same Y tests but since all these posts are old maybe the scientists have already solved the puzzle or something? maybe it's just these forums are not very active, strange...
      Anthrogenica is a more active forum in terms of discussion in comparison to this forum.

Comment

Working...
      X