X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMCGUN04
    replied
    Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
    Take a look at YFull's haplotree for R-L21. Most of R-L21 also belongs to its most populous son-clade, R-DF13. But YFull shows three small brother-clades of R-DF13:
    A7906
    DF63
    A5846
    Your R-A5846 is apparently an early offshoot of R-L21, now rare.

Here is Ytree's R-A5846 haplotree. It lists surnames.
    There was no test/result for "A7906", I was negative (false) for DF63. Additionally, There are very few who have tested positive for A5846, there is even less data or information on geographical association with R-A5846 haplogroup. My DNA results are as hard to research as my last name ("Warden"), even the FTDNA surname project that includes "Warden" has no helpful info, only for "Ward". Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    Take a look at YFull's haplotree for R-L21. Most of R-L21 also belongs to its most populous son-clade, R-DF13. But YFull shows three small brother-clades of R-DF13:
    A7906
    DF63
    A5846
    Your R-A5846 is apparently an early offshoot of R-L21, now rare.

Here is Ytree's R-A5846 haplotree. It lists surnames.

Leave a comment:

• PMCGUN04
    started a topic R-A5846

R-A5846

Friends - This is my first post on the forum, I have read and reviewed quite a bit over the past months since I began my research on FTDNA. After months and a few hundred dollars (seems a lot more by now) I finally have a specific DNA classification. I was hoping I could get some insight and guidance on my recent findings.

R-M269, R1b, R-M343, Rl21, and not "R-A5846".

I would like to think of myself as fairly DNA and research savvy, but I am stumped at my end result. Where the hell does this mean???

I know for a fact that my oldest known ancestors dating back to the 1600's came from somewhere in Scotland. Last name is "Warden".

Any suggestions? I am also a member of the Viking/Invader group, a part of me is saying I may not qualify to be a member of that project. From the minimal info on the web, I do however see quite a bit of reference to Cambro-Norman and Norman-French connection with the A5846 haplogroup designation.

My FTDNA Kit #504599

All shared wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Working...
X