O-P164

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-P164

I recently was confirmed for P164. I was looking at the ISOGG tree and saw Ray Bank's Experimental Composite Y-DNA Haplogroup O Tree where it identified for Filipinos (being my paternal grandfather was from the Philippines) F706, but FTDNA does not have that. How do I go about getting confirmed (if I really am) for it?

Originally posted by mamoahina View Post
    I recently was confirmed for P164. I was looking at the ISOGG tree and saw Ray Bank's Experimental Composite Y-DNA Haplogroup O Tree where it identified for Filipinos (being my paternal grandfather was from the Philippines) F706, but FTDNA does not have that. How do I go about getting confirmed (if I really am) for it?
    What testing did you use to become confirmed P164? Have you done any other SNP tests? I don't see F706 as available in the advanced SNPs ordering menu. BigY may be able to test for it and it is on the Geno 2.0 chip. It is probably not particularly common amongst Geno 2.0 testers yet and that is why it has not shown up on the FTDNA haplotree.

Comment

Originally posted by David Guetta View Post
      What testing did you use to become confirmed P164? Have you done any other SNP tests? I don't see F706 as available in the advanced SNPs ordering menu. BigY may be able to test for it and it is on the Geno 2.0 chip. It is probably not particularly common amongst Geno 2.0 testers yet and that is why it has not shown up on the FTDNA haplotree.
      Didn't realize you responded. Anyway, just tested that particular SNP here at FTDNA.

A project member just tested F706. I'm going to assume like what I did, you have to search for it.

Comment

Working...
      X