X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rucksack
    replied
    ^ You're welcome.

That seems to have increased you 12/12 matches as well.

Let us know if / when you you upgrade to more.

BTW, I find it "fun" that you have a couple of 11/12 match at ysearch with the surname Magnuski, from Poland: JTBN3 and 53HCF.

I think they could be considered surname variant matches, but at only 12 markers that should just be a passing thought.
    Last edited by rucksack; 28 December 2009, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Magnuson
    replied
    How much do I owe you? ;-)

Rucksack,

That is the second typo you found! Where do I send the check for your services? ;-)

MANY thanks for reading my information better than I did myself?

Don

Leave a comment:

• rucksack
    replied
    Magnuson,

It appears that you also have a typo on your entry at y-search for DYS392.

Check it out and verify.

Leave a comment:

• rucksack
    replied
    It would be a nice exercise to test out to 67. Your two matches in the I1 Project are I1d1, or at least one is tested out to that and both are typed into that category.

In Family Tree DNA order, your markers are listed as:
    13 23 14 10 12 14 11 14 11 12 11 28

Here is the public page for the I1 Project

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...ction=yresults

Leave a comment:

• Magnuson
    replied
    Thanks!

DYS 426 is 11

My UPDATED Y-DNA 12-Marker DYS results from the Genographic Project are as follows:

393 - 13
    394 (19) - 14
    391 - 10
    439 - 11
    389-1 - 12
    389-2 - 16 (28)
    388 - 14
    390 - 23
    426 - 11
    385a - 12
    385b - 14
    392 - 11

My YSearch ID is UNT88

Leave a comment:

• rucksack
    replied
    Please recheck your DYS426 result.

Also, what is your y-search ID?

Leave a comment:

• Magnuson
    replied
    Here are my 12-Marker Results

Rucksack,

I just put my DNA results in YSearch, thanks!

Here are my 12-Marker DYS results from the Genographic Project, as follows:

393 - 13
    394 (19) - 14
    391 - 10
    439 - 11
    389-1 - 12
    389-2 - 16 (28)
    388 - 14
    390 - 23
    426 - 23
    385a - 12
    385b - 14
    392 - 11

Leave a comment:

• s trangsrud
    replied
    Hi Don

You should also order DYS462 (from the Advanced Orders page). A DYS462=13 is almost always equivalent to the L22+ (I1d), and DYS462=12 to L22-. Unfortunately, the DYS462 marker is not included in the 67-marker test; but it is much less expensive than the Deep Clade test.

Your combination of DYS390=23, with DYS385a,b=12,14, is seen in results that are both positive and negative for L22. L22 splits I1 into its 2 main branches: I1 & I1d. (nicknamed AS Anglo Saxon (L22-) and N Norse (L22+) by I1 researcher, Ken Nordtvedt).

Steve

Leave a comment:

• rucksack
    replied
    If you can afford it, go for the Mega [FGS] and the 67 marker panel.

Don't waste money on the Deep Clade I at this time. Your markers will usually speak for themselves.

Be sure to upload your current markers to y-search... browse the menu on the left of your personal page at FTDNA.

I'd like to see your 12 marker results. My y-search ID is QM78H

Leave a comment:

• cacio
    replied
    Don:

the mtdna full sequence will tell you all there is to know about the mtdna, because it tests the whole 16,560+ bases of the mtdna.

For the Y chromosome, things are a little more complicated. As you probably know, chromosomes are too big to be wholly analyzed. The 67 STR test will test a large number (67) STR markers; the combination of these markers provides a pretty detailed signature of your paternal lineage (up to a recent ancestry). So if there are many people "near" you, you will be able to place yourself relative to these other people, and gain a lot of information of where you fit in the I tree.

I am not an expert on I, so others should pitch in here. But I think there are very many I people who have tested.

cacio

Leave a comment:

• Magnuson
    started a topic SuperDNA Test Question?

SuperDNA Test Question?

I recently received my 12-marker Y-DNA test results from the Genographic Project. I1* (M253).

I want to get the works for Y-DNA and mt-DNA, Family Tree DNA offers the "SuperDNA" test as follows:

"This is the combination of a male specific Y-chromosome test and a maternal lineage mitochondrial test. A discount is provided for ordering the Y-DNA 67 test and the mtDNA full sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test, together for one person. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origin of the maternal and paternal lines. A Y-haplogroup is determined and backed by our SNP Assurance Program. The mtDNA full sequence allows placement in a current haplogroup and subclade. When another person shows identical results within our database, if both parties have signed the Family Tree DNA Release Form, then we will inform them of the match. The customer will also receive a certificate and report describing the testing process and the meaning of sixty-seven marker and mtDNA full sequence matches."

Will the "SuperDNA" test give me everything I need to determine subclad for paternal and maternal lines? Is there another test that the "SuperDNA" does not address that might make sense?

Thanks!

Don Magnuson
    ----
    Haplogroup I1* (M253)

[email protected]
Working...
X