Who has most 12/12 matches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12/12 matches

Our family has 732 12/12 matches. At the 37 markers we have four matches 34/37, no matching surname. Only two match our last name, Moore, at 12 markers. I'm beginning to think my father had something to hide and took another name - there was some thought he was a rum runner across the border during prohibition.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth Long
      (I'm the contact person, as he doesn't speak English and doesn't have a computer).
      I think it's great that people who don't speak English and don't have computers are getting in on this genetic genealogy thing, btw ;-)

Comment

John,
        I have about 160 or so 12/12 matches, so far none of which are even remotely kin. None are my surname. At 25, two survive 25/25, but at 37 none persist!! for my surname of course...baker!!
        db

Comment

Uncle John Has 559

The number of 12 marker matches listed on the FTDNA personal webpage does not differentiate between 12/12 exact matches and -1GD matches. I counted the -1GD to be 220, so I subtracted 220 from the 779 that FTDNA lists as number of 12 marker matches and arrived at 559. It is my speculation that there should be about 559 other people out there able to make the same claim.
          Last edited by FredSpringer; 3 November 2007, 01:52 AM.

Comment

I have 5 12/12 on ysearch and 8 12/12 on MyFTDNA page. Total of 13. Not a very prolific ancestor?

the more markers I have the less matches
            Last edited by spruithean; 23 January 2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

12 marker matches

I don't pay much attention to 12 marker matches except to the degree it helps me focus on commonality of geographic origin within anthropological time frames. I don't know how many. Last time I looked in August it was in the neighborhood of 86.

Comment

Neither do I but it is interesting to play around with the 12 marker match option.

If I use the 12 marker matches for geographic origin I find Britain as my main one besides 1 on Continental Europe and 4 in North America.

My 25 marker matches (mainly 23/25, as I don't have a 25/25 and my only 24/25 falls apart at 37 markers) are focused in Britain and some in Denmark.

But all of this could be the way over represented British Isles participants
                Last edited by spruithean; 23 January 2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Eastern European Testing

Originally posted by Nagelfar View Post
                  I think it's great that people who don't speak English and don't have computers are getting in on this genetic genealogy thing, btw ;-)
                  Well, almost everyone is interested, once you explain it to them. But they don't come looking for me; I have to go to them (and pay for the test, of course, since in Romania the monthly pension is about $100).

Sometimes when I go to some little village I feel like one of those old travelling medicine shows...

By the way, I have a lot more I1 in the project than what I wrote back in 2005 (13 out of 145, to be exact).

Beth Long

Comment

Nice work you do Beth.

As of this morning, here are the numbers that I get:

My own I1 12/12 matches = 722 that "allow" me to see them.

My maternal Grandfather's R1b1b2 L21+ {1st Finn} 12/12 matches = 1612.

A friends kit that I look after is R1b1b2 "South Irish modal", 12/12 = 88.

Comment

I have 737 exact 12 marker matches and 300 11/12 matches. Nice to see this thread come back to life.

John

p.s. Beth, do you need an assistant?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnserrat View Post
                        I have 737 exact 12 marker matches and 300 11/12 matches. Nice to see this thread come back to life.

John

p.s. Beth, do you need an assistant?
                        Well, actually, what we need is more donations to pay for the testing. Anyone so inclined can contribute to the project general fund (we have about 25 surnames left to test):

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...s/default.aspx

Of course, if we got enough funding, then I WOULD need an assistant

Beth

Comment

No matches yet.

Originally posted by Deirwha View Post
                          I don't pay much attention to 12 marker matches except to the degree it helps me focus on commonality of geographic origin within anthropological time frames. I don't know how many. Last time I looked in August it was in the neighborhood of 86.
                          My brother is still waiting on his first 12/12 match, or even a 11/12 would do.

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
                            My brother is still waiting on his first 12/12 match, or even a 11/12 would do.
                            rivergirl.

Is your brother TJVS8?

What is the best explanation of why he doesn't have a value for 385a?

He and I are a 17/17 match, depending on what his value for 385a is.

Also, he has TONS of 11/11 matches.

I can only assume that your brother is not the person in your y-search ID signature here?
                            Last edited by rucksack; 25 January 2009, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rucksack View Post
                              rivergirl.

Is your brother TJVS8?

What is the best explanation of why he doesn't have a value for 385a?

He and I are a 17/17 match, depending on what his value for 385a is.

Also, he has TONS of 11/11 matches.

I can only assume that your brother is not the person in your y-search ID signature here?
                              Hi Rucksack,

Yes he is TJVS8.
                              His 385a is a very low 10. Every one else seems to have 12, 13 or 14.
                              I left the value empty to see what sort of matches he gets without the 10, I must have forgotten to put it back in.
                              When I put it back in the best I get is 10/12 match.
                              I guess it depends on if I think the mutation at 385a from say 13 to 10 happened in one event.

My brother also has a null at 449.
                              Our uncle who tested at SMGF also has 10 at 385a, but differs with 15 at 385b and 24 at 449.
                              So we have 2 mismatches within 1.5 generations.

Comment

rivergirl,

Wow, I think that is so odd. I used to think that Stevo's 1 GD with one of his sons was odd, but your situation takes the cake.

Has anyone offered any reasonable explanation, or shown you other situations where a father and son / uncle and nephew are off like that?

Is is possible to have a null just be a mis-read? I know that the FTDNA pages speak of null values between father and son or something, but presumably your uncle and father still are a couple of sons from a common father, so the uncle nephew thing wouldn't make sense. Sorry if you done lots of explaining on that in the past, I didn't notice, and am amazed. I assume you've already had the discussion with FTDNA regarding comparing the two tests and seeing if they'll do a re-check.
                                Last edited by rucksack; 25 January 2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X