Ancient I1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient I1

Since the apparent demise of Anthrogenica, I felt perhaps resurrecting a thread I found quite important to be a good idea. This thread is for the discussion of ancient I1 samples that have been found in a number of studies and any of those which are found in upcoming papers and so on. Feel free to brainstorm, and discuss the possible origins of I1.

Here is a map of Ancient I1 samples.

A huge thanks to anthrogenica user "Deadly77" for his work creating this map, and his work at looking deeper into the various haplotree positions of these ancient samples.

If this isn't the correct subforum to post this in, mods feel free to move it. There is a paper coming out soon about the Anglo-Saxons in Britain, hopefully we'll get some decent Haplogroup I1 data, and maybe some decent samples below the level of DF29.

Pretty cool! I found a couple of distant cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by spruithean View Post
      Since the apparent demise of Anthrogenica, I felt perhaps resurrecting a thread I found quite important to be a good idea. This thread is for the discussion of ancient I1 samples that have been found in a number of studies and any of those which are found in upcoming papers and so on. Feel free to brainstorm, and discuss the possible origins of I1.

Here is a map of Ancient I1 samples.

A huge thanks to anthrogenica user "Deadly77" for his work creating this map, and his work at looking deeper into the various haplotree positions of these ancient samples.

If this isn't the correct subforum to post this in, mods feel free to move it. There is a paper coming out soon about the Anglo-Saxons in Britain, hopefully we'll get some decent Haplogroup I1 data, and maybe some decent samples below the level of DF29.
      Nice map. Thanks. I have some I1 lines in my pedigree, which I know about from the Y-DNA testing of some distant cousins.

Comment

Off topic, but does anyone know the story about what happened to Anthrogenica?

Comment

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
          Pretty cool! I found a couple of distant cousins.
          Nice! I have yet to find a close ancient DNA match on the Y-line (and autosomal).

Originally posted by Stevo View Post

Nice map. Thanks. I have some I1 lines in my pedigree, which I know about from the Y-DNA testing of some distant cousins.
          I seem to recall your I1 lines were Scottish? Or were they English?

Deadly77 really put a lot of work into this map, and it would be a shame for it to not be shared around. Keep in mind that we are missing a few ancient I1 samples on this map. Notably some Gothic I1-Z140, I1-Z63, I1-L22 and I1-Z60 samples. I’m also under the impression we will get some Anglo-Saxon I1 samples from an upcoming paper.

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
          Off topic, but does anyone know the story about what happened to Anthrogenica?
          It seems that the website is “parked”, perhaps from lack of payment to the host of the website, at least something along those lines. There have been a few attempts over the past few days to contact the owner, but he has yet to respond. Hopefully he is well. Some are able to access the website through modifying a file in the Systems32 file. I have yet to try this, but I hope to do so this weekend.

Comment

My I-M253 lines are English; in fact, one of them has the surname English.

Comment

Originally posted by spruithean View Post

It seems that the website is “parked”, perhaps from lack of payment to the host of the website, at least something along those lines. There have been a few attempts over the past few days to contact the owner, but he has yet to respond. Hopefully he is well. Some are able to access the website through modifying a file in the Systems32 file. I have yet to try this, but I hope to do so this weekend.
              Thanks, at least it is not something which I did. Curiously I got on briefly about a week or so ago leading me to think that it might not be completely dead,

Comment

Working...
              X