Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

23andMe autosomal indiciates P109+; which SNP Test should I start with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23andMe autosomal indiciates P109+; which SNP Test should I start with?

Hello All,

Newbie to Y-DNA testing here. Yesterday I received my uncle's Y-DNA111 results (10 days early!!) showing a predicted Haplogroup of I-M253. No surprises there, as his 23andMe test (V4, so I can't transfer here) also had him down as I1. However, according to the info I extracted using the "23andMe To YSNPs" tool he's also P-109+. My question is, what would be a good SNP test to start with? Do I confirm the I-M253 first, or can I start with a test further down the line? Thanks so much!

Probably a test further down the line. Highly unlikely that I-P109+ would not be M253+ aswell.

Comment

There is a I1-P109 SNP panel test, which would be the fastest, most economical, path for him. It tests for about 140 SNPs, for about $120.

Go to his Haplotree page, then click on Advanced Tests, towards the bottom of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by s trangsrud View Post
        There is a I1-P109 SNP panel test, which would be the fastest, most economical, path for him. It tests for about 140 SNPs, for about $120.

Go to his Haplotree page, then click on Advanced Tests, towards the bottom of the page.
        Thank you so much!!

Comment

Working...
        X