Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminal = I-CTS10140

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terminal = I-CTS10140

    Kit #18631
    BigY results came in the other night.

    Suggested in the group as I1-DF29 PF49* ML 22,10,12
    I get ? (No call?) on derivitive for both DF29 and PF49 (no clue what that means)

    My terminal SNP is listed as I-CTS10140
    I have no clue what to make of that, or where to find it on the haplotree?
    ISOGG tree doesn't list it
    MorelyDNA's experimental predictor puts me in:
    I1a2a1a1a~1
    I1-L41/PF3787

    I'm waiting on my BAM file now to push it to YFull for deeper analysis.
    In the meantime, anything else I can do to put this in perspective?
    Last edited by jimjwilliamson; 5th November 2014, 01:54 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by jimjwilliamson View Post
    Kit #18631
    BigY results came in the other night.

    Suggested in the group as I1-DF29 PF49* ML 22,10,12
    I get ? (No call?) on derivitive for both DF29 and PF49 (no clue what that means)

    My terminal SNP is listed as I-CTS10140
    I have no clue what to make of that, or where to find it on the haplotree?
    ISOGG tree doesn't list it
    MorelyDNA's experimental predictor puts me in:
    I1a2a1a1a~1
    I1-L41/PF3787

    I'm waiting on my BAM file now to push it to YFull for deeper analysis.
    In the meantime, anything else I can do to put this in perspective?
    YFull lists CTS10140 as = Z2837, a high level SNP at I1.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, that helps a bit, at least I know where to look on the tree now

      Comment


      • #4
        It seems strange that CTS10140 is your Terminal SNP. That is one of 294 SNPs at the I1 level. DF29 is a daughter at the I1a level and you are a no call (?) there, which may be the reason, but it still seems strange that you have no (+)SNPs down stream from CTS10140. Must seem kind of lonely up there

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fmoakes View Post
          It seems strange that CTS10140 is your Terminal SNP. That is one of 294 SNPs at the I1 level. DF29 is a daughter at the I1a level and you are a no call (?) there, which may be the reason, but it still seems strange that you have no (+)SNPs down stream from CTS10140. Must seem kind of lonely up there
          Heh, that it does...
          I am positive for L41/PF3787 though, which is odd, it's way down in the I1a2a1a1a~1 according to Morely
          But, negative for L338 which is above it?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jimjwilliamson View Post
            Heh, that it does...
            I am positive for L41/PF3787 though, which is odd, it's way down in the I1a2a1a1a~1 according to Morely
            But, negative for L338 which is above it?
            If you check the ISOGG 2014 Tree you will find L41/PF3787 as a defining SNP for Hapogroup I at the highest level. This is an error in the FTDNA I Haplotree that Morley did not correct. He has my Terminal SNP as I1a2a2~1 L41/PF3787.
            I am actually I-Z59 > I-Z382.
            In fact Morley's experimental tree is more incorrect than FTDNA: I1a2 Z58/S244
            I1a2a Z59/S246
            I1a2a~2
            I1a2a2 Z382
            I1a2a2~1 L41/PF3787
            Last edited by fmoakes; 10th November 2014, 08:28 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              YFull's Experimental Tree also has PF3787 • L41 at the Haplogroup I level, a parent of I1.

              Comment


              • #8
                Update

                my original FTDNA results said no call on both df29 and pf49

                YFull results are in and they are telling me positive on df29

                I ordered an individual run for pf49, but results are not expected for a few weeks yet.

                From the YFull results:
                Terminal SNPs: CTS9857 • DF29/S438 • Y1857 • Y1916 • Z2890 • Z2891 • Z2892/CTS9848 • Z2893

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jimjwilliamson View Post

                  From the YFull results:
                  Terminal SNPs: CTS9857 • DF29/S438 • Y1857 • Y1916 • Z2890 • Z2891 • Z2892/CTS9848 • Z2893
                  So that looks like I'm down in the I1a group at this point
                  The paste in earlier did not bring that across as intended...

                  That list is the terminals for I1a, I am positive on CTS9857, Z2891, DF29 / S438 and No Call on the others.
                  Big Y had listed me as No Cll on DF29 as well
                  Last edited by jimjwilliamson; 15th December 2014, 02:27 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    okay, so I'm not observant enough, so much info to absorb all at once.

                    YFull haplogroup prediction is I1a* not I1a

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      PF49+

                      Results of the individual check on PF49 just came back positive!

                      So my new terminal SNP is PF49, meaning DF29 has to be + as well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        L41 is in the I root branch. Congratulations on being PF49+, that SNP is a recurrent SNP also found in haplogroup A.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          YFull has changed their prediction, I assume on further analysis, since I made that post on 12/15.

                          Their refinement was
                          Y-Haplogroup: I-Y1916
                          Terminal SNPs: DF29/S438 • Y1916 • Z2890 • Z2892/CTS9848 • Z2893

                          Originally it read:
                          Terminal SNPs: CTS9857 • DF29/S438 • Y1857 • Y1916 • Z2890 • Z2891 • Z2892/CTS9848 • Z2893

                          Since the BigY data I uploaded to them had PF49 as a no call, they wouldn't have that info, I did drop them an email though to let them know the individual tests returned +, so maybe they will update... we'll see.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X