Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I1-M253, telling AS1 from AS114? Terminal SNP still via Nat Geo or Big Y?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I1-M253, telling AS1 from AS114? Terminal SNP still via Nat Geo or Big Y?

There is a group of men surnamed Wise, who belong to I1-M253, and further belong to Kenneth Nordvedt's AS1 subclade. The gentlemen might or might not belong to AS114, a subdivision of AS1. The gentleman whose kit is 155789 upgraded his ydna test to 111 markers. He is still predicted I-M253, with several SNPs that he could test for. His testing page suggests he test for National Geographic to find his terminal SNP. Did his upgrading to 111 markers further define his results at all, or should he have done National Geographic? Or Big Y?

Thank you for your patience.

I do not see 155789 in the I1 Project, so can't speak to it specifically.

In general:
    * The new Haplotree pages are inaccurate in their recommendations, so should be ignored. Instead, join a Haplogroup project, and ask the admins what to test next.
    * The Geno 2.0 is already outdated, so in many/most cases, no longer very useful. The Big-Y is good, but expensive.
    Last edited by s trangsrud; 27th April 2014, 06:20 PM. Reason: better word choice

Comment

I found him in the Wise DNA Project. He is DYS462=12, not 13, so is not AS114. The most terminal SNP the Geno 2.0 would give is L338. Cheaper to just order that ala carte. ($31 now, during the sale this week.)

Nordvedt's latest I1 Z60+ Tree lists S12289 as AS1's Terminal SNP. That SNP is from the British DNA testing company. I don't know if FTDNA offers it yet, or not.

You could find more "downstream" SNPs by taking the Chromo2 test (~$200. Google Chromo2).

Taking the Big-Y, (~$800), would give you some Private, Wise-family, SNPs.

Comment

This big Ydna group update seems confusing to say the least, now I'm class I-Z59 and that is above of other snp test I have done but those are not recognized, why does FTDNA sell them if they don't recognize them..at 2014 ISOGG Y-tree being classed at positive to Z382 I'm classed I12a2 so I won't be doing any more test here and if one asked a question, you never get an answer from FTDNA...and it seem strange being in a common Y group I1, I only have 2 matches at 25 and only 1 at 67 markers,in the I1 group they have me clased A/S 4 but a lot of my numbers are different than the others., confusing.

Comment

Thank you. The group member himself has to join the I1 project, and has elected not to do so at present. So I'm kind of nibbling around the edges. Will pass on your information. It is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryB View Post
            Thank you. The group member himself has to join the I1 project, and has elected not to do so at present. So I'm kind of nibbling around the edges. Will pass on your information. It is much appreciated.
            Without disclosing any confidential information, is there a obvious reason reason one would elect to not join the I1 Project?

Comment

Originally posted by fmoakes View Post
              Without disclosing any confidential information, is there a obvious reason reason one would elect to not join the I1 Project?
              Not answering your question, but I received this amusing notice today:
              **** ***** has left the group I1 group.

Reason for Leaving: My haplogroup changed from I1 to I-M253.

Comment

Haplogroup Short Hand

Originally posted by s trangsrud View Post
                Not answering your question, but I received this amusing notice today:
                When might we expect these columns, on the Y-DNA Results SNP page, to be updated? My Z382(+) result and the BIG Y results are posted, but I am listed as I1d and I-L22. My Big Y results show I am L22(-), as would expected with DF29+, Z59+ and Z382+?????

Comment

Originally posted by fmoakes View Post

Sigh. I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X