I1 - M253

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Honeychuck View Post
    It is just as well that the orders were cancelled. The Big Y results due any time now may point you in another direction.
    The Big Y has nothing with my problem with the FTDNA staff to do. They counteract me at any cost, just because I am a dissatisfied customer. They do not know how to give support. And they do everything the other way round by purpose. FTDNA staff think they are funny.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterLarsen View Post
      Well, I did order them but FTDNA did suspend the orders, so I guess it will take som more time than planned.

At 11th January I was asking FTDNA if it was possible to have all my purshases cancelled (that was before I had any results at all, FF mtDNA or Y-DNA), so I can chose another company and buy their services instead because I am not satisfied with FTDNA.

Well, I didn't get any resonse at all. The results was coming in from FF and Y-DNA (still everything isn't done). I kept using FTDNA services and 9th February I bought the SNPs as I said here above.

Some days ago I sent a reminder and asked FTDNA again what the status of my request was, and responded by cancelling my SNP purshases I did the 9th of February. I don't understand the staff at FTDNA, they counteract their costumers.

They don't even try to do it correct.

I have asked them now why my SNP orders were cancelled or suspended, because I have never asked for that. I guess I will have to wait a month or two before I get a response, and I would be very surprised if they even appologies for their action.
      Peter, you asked FTDNA to cancel all your orders on the 11th January.
      It appears that your kit was already at the lab being processed, as you have results in by the 8th Feb, when you first posted.

Its probably a little too late to cancel the tests at that stage, though they should have replied to you to explain this.

Your results start coming in.
      You then order more tests, your SNPs, on the 9th Feb and a few days later ask FTDNA about your original request to cancel your order.

They then cancelled your order for the SNP test.

What would you expect them to do. Its the only order and had probably not gone to the lab for processing.

Marrietta was not making fun of your English, the quote she used is in old style English, from many centuries ago.
      She was just saying "you complain too much". I agree with her.

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
        Peter, you asked FTDNA to cancel all your orders on the 11th January.
        It appears that your kit was already at the lab being processed, as you have results in by the 8th Feb, when you first posted.

Its probably a little too late to cancel the tests at that stage, though they should have replied to you to explain this.

Your results start coming in.
        You then order more tests, your SNPs, on the 9th Feb and a few days later ask FTDNA about your original request to cancel your order.

They then cancelled your order for the SNP test.

What would you expect them to do. Its the only order and had probably not gone to the lab for processing.

Marrietta was not making fun of your English, the quote she used is in old style English, from many centuries ago.
        She was just saying "you complain too much". I agree with her.
        Well, you do not have all the e-mail messages I have sent them so you cant do a fair judgement. All I can say is that my request cant be misunderstood that way, and they do what they can to counteract me. I can complain how much I will until they do it correct. I have payed for my SNP orders, they are not there. All I wanted is an answer if all my orders could be cancelled, they respond a month later by continue acting like idiots

Comment

Back at it, I created a I1 subclade predictor using Kenneth Nordtvedts excellent I1 modalities spreadsheet.

I only added a some formulas weightening the modalities and the STR diff and used the mutationrate to find out the best "match". So far it does not care of GD, only if it match or does not match.

Feeding the predictor my values, the best 3 matches (highest value in column F) was: "AS3 Z382+", "P109-1515", "L573+" in that order. So the Z382 guess seems very good.

If anyone else want to play around with it, you can find it here (change the yellow row to your own STR values):

http://artificial.se/I1/20140221-The...ies_approx.xls

As I will not update it (I leave that impressive work to Kenneth Nordvedt ), here is Kens original and updated version:

http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net/

Comment

The Z382 prediction turned out to be good, my results is in and I am z59+ and z382+.

I have ordered z2042 now, I guess that the odds for that is working against me, but I don't know of any other known SNP I can test that is possibly downstream of z382+

Am I correct in that the result for a z2042 SNP test will be the terminal for me at current knowledge for the z382+ branch?

Comment

My z2042 was in long ago and as expected I was z2042-.
              Today I ordered Big-Y

Comment

The Z382 prediction turned out to be good, my results is in and I am z59+ and z382+.

I have ordered z2042 now, I guess that the odds for that is working against me, but I don't know of any other known SNP I can test that is possibly downstream of z382+

Am I correct in that the result for a z2042 SNP test will be the terminal for me at current knowledge for the z382+ branch?
                I wish your modded sheet was as accurate for me.
                I put in all 111 markers
                Everything that turned green in that 4th column of yours I am either - or no call for.
                Except the line that says AS121210 DF29- Z131-
                Because I an no call for df29 and z131-
                But a couple of the DF29+ lines are green as well... so nothing definitive there for me so far.

Comment

YFull shows I-Z382 > Y2170 > Z2042, nothing further down stream for now. FTDNA show a Peter Larsen and I nonMatching on CTS1530 Z2001. YFull shows me I-Z382 > Y5384 > Y6085 > Y6165. If you are Z42042(-) you may be Y2170(-) and Y5384(+)?
                  Last edited by fmoakes; 16th November 2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Hi!

I received my Y-DNA 67 markers result today (the 111 marker test is pending).

I am predicted M253 by FTDNA and is adviced to take some of the following SNP tests to better specify my subgroup:

M21! - I1a
                    M227! - I1b
                    M72! - I1b1
                    P259! - I1c
                    L22! - I1d
                    P109! - I1d1
                    L205! - I1d2
                    L287! - I1d3
                    L258! - I1d3a
                    L300! - I1d4
                    L211! - I1e

I am not sure what is the best first choice, or should I wait for my 111 markers is done?

Thanks in advance for any advice! I have just now joined the I1 Y-DNA haplogroup project

/ Peter
                    i was advised by a good friend to do nevgen prediction tool.. helps to narrow it down quite a bit...

i did mine and it gave me prediction of z58 and z63 so 2 snps i took one was negative the other positive then i did a complete snp pack regarding the z58 (150snps) now im at a terminal and have been finding about 6 i can test for if i want to...

http://www.nevgen.org/

just follow the guide and input your numbers.

kind regards

Comment

Working...
                    X