X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very intriguing results after update to MyOrigins 3.0

Esteemed members,
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this:
    I did a comprehensive research on my aunt's genealogy (until the 1700s on the average), thus estimating the following ancestry: 50% Portuguese, 37.5% German and 12.5% French. When I tested her for Version 2.0, the results were more or less coherent:

49% Center Europe
    30% Iberia
    16% Southern Europe
    4% North Africa

Initially, I thought that the Southern Europe cluster could mean the Ancient Roman contribution to the Portuguese genetics. (Now, seeing many other Brazilian results, I found that no one of them have this significant share of Italy)

Receiving now the results for version 3.0, I'm more confused, with many new appearances, and I'm guessing what they could mean:
    24% Iberia
    24% Italy
    11% Basque
    <2% Malta
    21% Center Europe
    12% England, Wales and Scotland
    5% Magyar
    <2% North Africa

So that you can better understand the problem, I will show you my aunt's family tree:
    rvore tia nilza.png‚Äč
    The light brown indicates every known person in her family tree that was born in Brazil. Green indicates known ancestors born in Azores (left) and continental Portugal (right); Orange indicates the same for Germany; Blue for Volga Germans; and red for France. In only two sections I don't know the exact origin of the ancestors, but all of them have typical Portuguese surnames, and their share would count just for 31.25%. As you can see, I have no idea where Italy, Britain, and Magyar come from. As for the Basque, they are probably the match for French, because my family comes from Gascony.
    Thank you so much for any help! God bless you

Some people with Italian or Iberian ancestors have a bit of Magyar or Slavic in Myorigins 3.0. They don't have any known Magyar or Slavic ancestor. Many people with Spanish ancestors have Basque whithout any Basque ancestor. Italian people with no known Iberian ancestors get Iberian (20% or 30%), and viceversa. Some Iberians get Central Europe or British Isles (10% or more). You can look at Anthrogenica.com.

Comment

Working...
    X