Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myorigins 3 - Greek

Hello All,

Find attached my father's Myorigins 3 results - 4 grandparents from Greece.

His ancestral lines last 400 years are mostly from Corfu and Epirus (county next to southern Albania).

There are Italian and Arvanite lines, but they go back hundreds of years ago.

For the benefit of non Ftdna forum members.

Greek and Balkans 65 %

Italian peninsula. 35% 3.jpg

Wow! Such neat results!! Mine are similar, my map wraps around Greece/Albania/Italy as well- except I'm Turkish.

Comment

Originally posted by yiskahnasi View Post
      Wow! Such neat results!! Mine are similar, my map wraps around Greece/Albania/Italy as well- except I'm Turkish.
      From what you say in another thread (Also in the map image you have posted other areas are circled too) you are Jewish with part Turkish ancestry ?

Off topic : Yiskah( יִסְכָּה‎) in your username is Hebrew.

Last edited by CNT; 23 November 2020, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Hello All,

The attached map accurately predicts where my father's ancestors were from.

400 years of paper trail records

That is all I have to say .
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,I have 77% North Africa but also 7% Sardinia and 3%Italia and 7% Sephardic.what do you understand here?what is the older age of my ancestors(before the age of North Africa)is it italia or Sardinia?these percentages are related to haw many years?2000years for excemple? thanks

Comment

Sardinians are part of the European genepool, but they are outliers.Most of their DNA is from peoples, that made their way into Europe ( Mediterranean basin ) during the early neolithic period .

Please read the information in the link - it answers your timeframe question.

One of your grandparents was Sephardic Jew ?

​​
            Last edited by CNT; 25 November 2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks my freind

Comment

I have not grandparents Sephardic,in the near history of my family ,I don't know if I have some ancestors Sephardic before 1000 or 1500 years or no.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim View Post
                  I have not grandparents Sephardic,in the near history of my family ,I don't know if I have some ancestors Sephardic before 1000 or 1500 years or no.
                  Okay, I see .

Any Maltese in your family tree ?

Comment

Okay, I see .

Any Maltese in your family tree ?
                    no,but there is two persons from Malta that are matched with me in Family finder as 4thd cousin

Comment

Okay, probably Maltese, that are a Maltese/Tunisian mix . Quite a few marriages in the 1800s between Maltese and Tunisians .Many of their descendants ended up in France .

I asked ,because I am 25% Maltese via my maternal grandfather.

Comment

This thread is about my father's results - I am mentioning so you do not get confused on reading my previous post.

Comment

(Okay, probably Maltese, that are a Maltese/Tunisian mix . Quite a few marriages in the 1800s between Maltese and Tunisians .Many of their descendants ended up in France .

I asked ,because I am 25% Maltese via my maternal grandfather.)
                          i need to understand a thing.this percentages in Myorigins are attached to haw many years?my haplogroup is E-V13,it is a Balcanic haplogroup but I have 0% in Balcan in Myorigins.

Comment

The analysis is on your autosomal DNA .

So has nothing to do with your Y and mtdna.

I asked you to read the Ftdna link I supplied in a previous post so you could understand the timeframe of your autosomal DNA analysis.

That is all - good luck in your research.
                            ​​​

Comment

Hello All,

The title of this thread is "Myorigins 3 - Greek "

So could any future posters just discuss or add only Greek results - screenshots.

Thank you .
                              Last edited by CNT; 25 November 2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X