Clear All

• Mostly Asia Minor but im not Turkish nor Armenian

I recentley got the results:
    69% Asia Minor
    14% Southeast Europe
    8% East Middle East
    6% West Middle East
    2% Central Asia

I dont have any turkish nor armenian ancestors yet im mostly from there, how can it be?

Originally posted by DanielKzk View Post
    69% Asia Minor
    14% Southeast Europe
    8% East Middle East
    6% West Middle East
    2% Central Asia

I dont have any turkish nor armenian ancestors yet im mostly from there, how can it be?

Where were your ancestors from?

Comment

As far as I know all my grand parents belong to an ancient jewish community from the northen caucasus and somehow im more turkish or greek then any of those.

Comment

As far as I know all my grand parents belong to an ancient jewish community from the northen caucasus and somehow im more turkish or greek then any of those.
        That would not be unusual. Mizrachi Jews often show significant admixture with 'host' countries. That is why a homogenous Mizrachi profile cannot be identified. In fact, the concept of 'Mizrachi Jew' is relatively recent. In the past Jews were simply identified by host country.
        Last edited by josh w.; 11th February 2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

But the host country isnt turkey or greece.

Comment

But the host country isnt turkey or greece.
            Turkish and Greek lines spread to the Caucasus. There is even a view that TAT Jews were originally from Persia. To complicate matters, there were two groups of Jews in the Caucasus---Jews who had resided there for a long time and Ashkenazis who were forced to migrate by the Russians.

Comment

So such cluster is typical for people from the caucasus? BTW if ill upgrade to Y-37 it can tell if my paternal ancestor is jewish, caucasian or greek?

Comment

So such cluster is typical for people from the caucasus? BTW if ill upgrade to Y-37 it can tell if my paternal ancestor is jewish, caucasian or greek?
                Your pattern is not uncommon. For example, there was Neolithic migration from Turkey to points north and west. A Ydna upgrade might clarify the issue. But note that not that many Mizrachi have been tested. I would suggest an autosomal test such as Ftdna's FF test. Then upload to Gedmatch Eurogenes option. It would compare your results to various Mizrachi groups`

Comment

69% Asia Minor
                  14% Southeast Europe
                  8% East Middle East
                  6% West Middle East
                  2% Central Asia
                  As far as I know all my grand parents belong to an ancient jewish community from the northen caucasus
                  Your MyOrigins 2.0 estimates contain the elements that other Mountain Jews from Dagestan and Azerbaijan in Family Tree DNA also have in their estimates. Everything looks normal.

The ancient Israelites, and even more so the Mizrahi branches, did have partial ancestry from the northern Middle East including what are now eastern Turkey, Iraq (including Assyria), and Iran.

On the other hand, it is true that Mountain Jews don't have any DNA from Ashkenazi Jews or Sephardi Jews so that is why you score 0% in the "Jewish Diaspora" category.

Comment

There are also Mountain Jews there who are a combo,of all,it seems.

Comment

Is there some list of the ethnicities that are part of this asia minor cluster?

Comment

Originally posted by Miamio View Post
                        There are also Mountain Jews there who are a combo,of all,it seems.
                        If you upload to Gedmatch Eurogenes, chose the Oracle 4 option. You will be compared with a few Mizrachi groups including Georgian and Kurdish Jews.

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
                          If you upload to Gedmatch Eurogenes, chose the Oracle 4 option. You will be compared with a few Mizrachi groups including Georgian and Kurdish Jews.
                          You are a mountain jew too?? how do you know that?

Comment

Is there some list of the ethnicities that are part of this asia minor cluster?
                            Armenians are this company's main or sole reference population for that cluster. Northeastern inhabitants of Turkey are genetically similar to them.

Comment

What about caucasian people like chechens, avars, lezgins? they fall to the asia minor cluster too?

Comment

Working...
                              X