Mostly Asia Minor but im not Turkish nor Armenian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanielKzk View Post
    What about caucasian people like chechens, avars, lezgins? they fall to the asia minor cluster too?

Probably not. Ftdna has not provided information for the MO 2 samples. That is why Gedmatch is of value.

Comment

I uploaded the raw data to MyHeritage ant this is the results:
      Mizrahi Jewish: 40.9%
      West Asian: 34.7%
      Sephardic Jewish: 14.4%
      Italian: 10%

Is it as legit as MO 2 at least?

Comment

These calculators have their strong and weak points. Your Sephardic Jewish and Italian readings are not to be taken literally in your case but just shows the ancient East Mediterranean DNA you share with some southern Italians and Sephardim from the era of ancient Israel and Phoenicia.

Comment

so even though i got 10% italian i dont have italian ancestors?

Comment

so even though i got 10% italian i dont have italian ancestors?
            Sephardic Jews, Ashkenazic Jews, Italki (Roman) Jews, and Krymchak Jews have some Italian ancestors. I am pretty sure that is not the case for Mountain Jews. That is what the scientists say and what the deep ancestral data reveal.

Comment

What about caucasian people like chechens, avars, lezgins? they fall to the asia minor cluster too?
              Yes.All peoples living in Caucasus get huge Asia Minor.There is no closer component in MO for us other than that
              Last edited by musayev; 13th February 2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I have more faith in Eurogenes over MO 2 or My Heritage. Correction---I meant that the Caucasian groups you mention were probably not in MO's sample. But they probably score high on Asia Minor. One advantage of Gedmatch is the Oracle 4 Spreadsheet option. You can see how your results compare with a variety of groups. Gedmatch- Eurogenes spreadsheet has around 10 groups from the region
                Last edited by josh w.; 13th February 2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
                  I have more faith in Eurogenes over MO 2 or My Heritage. Correction---I meant that the Caucasian groups you mention were probably not in MO's sample. But they probably score high on Asia Minor. One advantage of Gedmatch is the Oracle 4 Spreadsheet option. You can see how your results compare with a variety of groups. Gedmatch- Eurogenes spreadsheet has around 10 groups from the region
                  Which of the calculators do you recommend?

Comment

Which of the calculators do you recommend?
                    The default Eurogenes--first option that pops up.

Comment

There are no pure Ashkenazim.Research and history has shown intermarriage,rapes by Romans,tribe invasions,conversions throughout the area.I am just now coming to realize that my ancestors were”Italkim”or Italian Jews..The Oracles say it too. I believe there was a reason to not reveal this,but it has been a myth just shared recently in my family. I go from Sephardic 3% to 12% on different sites.All of my relatives are purely Polish/Russian Empire back to 1820. The one mystery/myth is of one
                      greatgrandfather,I am trying to find out. So many people do not u derstand that these things go way back and sometimes not verified in modern times.
                      Just think of the divisions ,assimilation’s and many secrets.

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
                        So I did the default Eurogenes for my Mom who is 50% Jewish- partly Sephardic and definitely has Asia Minor (Turkey) and also East Med & some Afghani show up on her admixtures. But her father was Italian (Abruzzi) and Balkan and German (poss. some Finnish).

Population
                        North_Atlantic 25.39
                        Baltic 14.62
                        West_Med 13.39
                        West_Asian 12.06
                        East_Med 28.79
                        Red_Sea 3.34
                        South_Asian 0.09
                        East_Asian -
                        Siberian -
                        Amerindian 0.51
                        Oceanian 0.97
                        Northeast_African 0.40
                        Sub-Saharan 0.44

Comment

Originally posted by mollyblum View Post
                          So I did the default Eurogenes for my Mom who is 50% Jewish- partly Sephardic and definitely has Asia Minor (Turkey) and also East Med & some Afghani show up on her admixtures. But her father was Italian (Abruzzi) and Balkan and German (poss. some Finnish).

Population
                          North_Atlantic 25.39
                          Baltic 14.62
                          West_Med 13.39
                          West_Asian 12.06
                          East_Med 28.79
                          Red_Sea 3.34
                          South_Asian 0.09
                          East_Asian -
                          Siberian -
                          Amerindian 0.51
                          Oceanian 0.97
                          Northeast_African 0.40
                          Sub-Saharan 0.44
                          Well Jewish and Italian show up, east and west Med. So does Turkey- west Asia. German would be reflected in North Atlantic and possibly Baltic. Finnish is also reflected in Baltic

Comment

Working...
                          X