Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 Armenian??

Hello all,

Maybe you folks can help. I am 1/4 Armenian and I have 0% Asia Minor which represents most Armenians on FTDNA. My grandfather is from Istanbul. I do, however, have 7% West Middle East and 21% Southeastern Europe (My great-grandmother is Sicilian though) Could it be interpreted through those?

West Middle East vs. Asia Minor, now that's hair-splitting. Can you look up the source populations for those categories?

Comment

Originally posted by J Honeychuck View Post
      West Middle East vs. Asia Minor, now that's hair-splitting. Can you look up the source populations for those categories?
      No need to be mean lol

Comment

I found it. https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...tion-clusters/

I can't figure this one out. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Comment

BoSox, you can upload your Family Finder data to GEDmatch and see what your Armenian element's percentage is in the Eurogenes K36 calculator.

Also look and see if you have some Armenian individuals whom you match.

Comment

Originally posted by khazaria View Post
            BoSox, you can upload your Family Finder data to GEDmatch and see what your Armenian element's percentage is in the Eurogenes K36 calculator.

.13 % wow, also I didn't match with any!

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox View Post
              .13 % wow, also I didn't match with any!
              I see Armenians get around 15% on Gedmatch and they get Western Caucasian more than it.
              I also scored 10% Armenian but didn't have any match with any of them.I have only one armenian match on my FTDNA match list.

P.S.There are much less tested people from our region
              Last edited by musayev; 21st August 2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by khazaria View Post

Bulgarian pops up quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by musayev View Post
                  I see Armenians get around 15% on Gedmatch and they get Western Caucasian more than it.
                  I also scored 10% Armenian but didn't have any match with any of them.I have only one armenian match on my FTDNA match list.
                  That's crazy man. How much Armenian are you? But, By the way mine is 0.13% which is a bit alarming

Comment

That's crazy man. How much Armenian are you? But, By the way mine is 0.13% which is a bit alarming
                    Actually,this is interesting.I'm from north of Azerbaijan mostly belonging Lezgin people.I see even Anatolian turks and Azeris score more much Armenian than you))

I can't explain what 10% Armenian and 7% Italian for me.I have 10-15 real Jewish matches than Armenians,Italians and Greeks.Maybe that scores indicate little Jewish origin.I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by musayev View Post
                      Actually,this is interesting.I'm from north of Azerbaijan mostly belonging Lezgin people.I see even Anatolian turks and Azeris score more much Armenian than you))

I can't explain what 10% Armenian and 7% Italian for me.I have 10-15 real Jewish matches than Armenians,Italians and Greeks.Maybe that scores indicate little Jewish origin.I don't know.
                      I just had to read about Lezgin people. It wouldn't suprise me if you are a bit mixed!

Comment

My Iranian grandfather's race on ship manifest

When my grandfather (born in Iran) came here in 1947 his race is listed as Armenian, which does not seem right, his father born Turkmenistan and his mother an Azeri from Baku. Here is his son (my father) Eurogenes K36 results. My father's mother was mixed European (Italian/Polish/French)

Population

Armenian 5.29
                        Central_Euro 3.35
                        East_Central_Euro 4.86
                        East_Med 16.65
                        Eastern_Euro 5.81
                        Fennoscandian 0.34
                        French 3.51
                        Iberian 2.15
                        Italian 14.66
                        Near_Eastern 10.95
                        North_Atlantic 3.16
                        North_Caucasian 12.81
                        North_Sea 0.63
                        Siberian 0.88
                        South_Central_Asian 9.21
                        Volga-Ural 0.28
                        West_Caucasian 5.40

Comment

I've been having productive conversations with BoSox in private and just want to give a quick update that his match list shows no Armenian matches, so in conjunction with his ultra-low Armenian affinity score in Eurogenes K36 and his 0% Asia Minor score in MyOrigins 2.0, I am sure his grandfather wasn't an ethnic Armenian.

But BoSox's Sicilian, Norman French, and Mexican roots are well represented by people in his GEDmatch match list, so 3/4 of his genetic ancestry is what he expected it to be. The other 1/4 is still a mystery but the genetic indications are that the mystery grandfather was neither South Caucasian nor Balkan nor Eastern European.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBianco View Post
                            When my grandfather (born in Iran) came here in 1947 his race is listed as Armenian, which does not seem right, his father born Turkmenistan and his mother an Azeri from Baku. Here is his son (my father) Eurogenes K36 results. My father's mother was mixed European (Italian/Polish/French)

Population

Armenian 5.29
                            Central_Euro 3.35
                            East_Central_Euro 4.86
                            East_Med 16.65
                            Eastern_Euro 5.81
                            Fennoscandian 0.34
                            French 3.51
                            Iberian 2.15
                            Italian 14.66
                            Near_Eastern 10.95
                            North_Atlantic 3.16
                            North_Caucasian 12.81
                            North_Sea 0.63
                            Siberian 0.88
                            South_Central_Asian 9.21
                            Volga-Ural 0.28
                            West_Caucasian 5.40
                            That is quite the story! More Armenian than me. Ha.

Comment

That is quite the story! More Armenian than me. Ha.
                              I don't think 5% really means anything, My paternal grandfather Abolfazl's ancestry past his parents is a mystery which I am struggling to uncover with very little results.

I am attaching a picture of him just before he left Iran for the US in 1947. He was an accomplished diver.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X