DNA.land and Myorigins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA.land and Myorigins.

Results of my origins: 46 european (38 iberian, 5 central europe, 3 east europe)
    10 Sephardic Jew
    4 % Near East, west. (Israel, Syria etc)

33 % amerindian

6 % african

Results of DNA.LAND

60% West European
    28 % BALKAN ???
    25 % Southwestern european
    2.9 % Finnish
    Ambiguous 2.1%
    Central Indoeuropean 1.5%
    Mediterranean Islander 1.2%

Native American 34 %

African. 4.6 % Mende/Akan and 1.4 % North African.

My question is ... i need to understand for that big balkan %, iberian? or south european? What do you think?

And what about the sephardic jew admixture, should i take it seriously?

Originally posted by GarciMuñoz View Post
    Results of my origins: 46 european (38 iberian, 5 central europe, 3 east europe)
    10 Sephardic Jew
    4 % Near East, west. (Israel, Syria etc)

33 % amerindian

6 % african

Results of DNA.LAND

60% West European
    28 % BALKAN ???
    25 % Southwestern european
    2.9 % Finnish
    Ambiguous 2.1%
    Central Indoeuropean 1.5%
    Mediterranean Islander 1.2%

Native American 34 %

African. 4.6 % Mende/Akan and 1.4 % North African.

My question is ... i need to understand for that big balkan %, iberian? or south european? What do you think?

And what about the sephardic jew admixture, should i take it seriously?
    The Balkan on DNA.Land may in fact be Sephardic (as they don't have a Sephardic cluster). DNA.Land gave me a huge amount of Balkan too, but I get A LOT less with other companies.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeprince View Post
      The Balkan on DNA.Land may in fact be Sephardic (as they don't have a Sephardic cluster). DNA.Land gave me a huge amount of Balkan too, but I get A LOT less with other companies.

Balkan could also reflect Greece or neolithic pathway into Europe. Some Sephardic may also have Balkan admixture

Comment

exactly, in gedmatch (eurogenes) the balkan is changed by baltic, red sea, and near east. That could represent sephardic jew too but i saw many opinions about people saying that myorigins exaggerate sephardic admixture. Maybe it could be just iberian?

Comment

exactly, in gedmatch (eurogenes) the balkan is changed by baltic, red sea, and near east. That could represent sephardic jew too but i saw many opinions about people saying that myorigins exaggerate sephardic admixture. Maybe it could be just iberian?

If Balkan reflects neolithic migration, it might point to Asia Minor rather than the Levant. I am not ready to trust MO2

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
            If Balkan reflects neolithic migration, it might point to Asia Minor rather than the Levant. I am not ready to trust MO2
            Yeah, i'm not sure about mo2 too ...

Comment

Interesting! My mother gets 9.2% Balkan, on DNA.Land and 1.2% Ashkenazi. She has a lot of Sephardic Jews/Conversos, as ancestors of hers.

I get 9.7% Ashkenazi, on DNA.Land and 2% Ashkenazi, on myOrigins.

Comment

Neolithic pathway?

Could the readings from dna.and and MO2 both be picking up DNA as old as the neolithic pathways into Europe?

My dna.land reading:
                Northwest European 65%
                Balkan: 29%
                North Slavic 2.9 %
                Finnish 2.2%
                Ambiguous 1.1 %

MO 2 (more accurate I feel than MO1) reading:
                British Isles 46%
                Scandinavian 22%
                West/Central Europe 15%
                Southeastern Europe 9%
                Asia Minor 5%

There is virtually no paper trail in my family and I've been told my ancestry is Scottish, Luxembourgish, Norwegian and mystery from one grandmother (European presenting).

Could the Asia Minor/Balkans/So. European DNA really be from migratory patterns several thousand years old?

Comment

Well just a heads up.... I am part Balkan ancestry through my maternal grandfather- his Y-DNA was a Balkan haplogroup and DNA. Land gave me 0% Balkan and some other meshuggeneh percentages. But I think My Heritage was the worst I got 0% Italian or Balkan and so did my mom(her father was 1/2 Italian& Balkan) It basically deleted my grandfather's DNA from the picture. It gave my mom some English or Irish DNA- like more than 25%!!! She is all Slavic/Mediterranean/Middle Eastern/AK w the Balkan and some W. Asian. Weird.

I don't really trust these programs. Ftdna' has been the most on target for me but that isn't saying much. I usually use the GEDMATCH admixture programs. Some seem to work better w certain ethnicities. Jtest which measures Jewish ancestry works poorly for me although my mother is a little over 50% Jewish. I think it says I am 7% or something while every other program puts me at 25% give or take. I would upload to GEDMATCH if you haven't already and use the admixture.

Comment

My DNAland results:
                    Northwest European 65%
                    North Slavic 12%
                    Southwest European 12%
                    Finnish 3%
                    Balkan 2.8%
                    South/Central European 2.5%
                    Ambiguous (sub-saharan) Africa 1.6%
                    North Africa 1.4%

My Origins 2.0
                    Scandinavia 51%
                    West and Central Europe 43%
                    East Europe 3%
                    West Africa <2%
                    East Central Africa <1%
                    North Africa <1%

The paper trail suggests that there is a bit of German and English on my mother's side... most branches of the family tree have been in the USA so long that nobody remembers where they came from... but Family Finder gives us a number of Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish matches and even a few from Russia. As for my father, there's definitely some Dutch and probably some German, but he hasn't been tested yet.

As far as I can tell, both tests are fairly accurate, but not perfect. Same goes for MyHeritage.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyblum View Post
                      Well just a heads up.... I am part Balkan ancestry through my maternal grandfather- his Y-DNA was a Balkan haplogroup and DNA. Land gave me 0% Balkan and some other meshuggeneh percentages. But I think My Heritage was the worst I got 0% Italian or Balkan and so did my mom(her father was 1/2 Italian& Balkan) It basically deleted my grandfather's DNA from the picture. It gave my mom some English or Irish DNA- like more than 25%!!! She is all Slavic/Mediterranean/Middle Eastern/AK w the Balkan and some W. Asian. Weird.

I don't really trust these programs. Ftdna' has been the most on target for me but that isn't saying much. I usually use the GEDMATCH admixture programs. Some seem to work better w certain ethnicities. Jtest which measures Jewish ancestry works poorly for me although my mother is a little over 50% Jewish. I think it says I am 7% or something while every other program puts me at 25% give or take. I would upload to GEDMATCH if you haven't already and use the admixture.
                      I uploaded my results to gedmatch. I obtained in eurogenes k36, like a 6% of baltic, 4 % red sea and like 7% caucasus. That could be jewish heritage? Because all my european ancestors were spanish and i don't know how baltic or caucasus are related with spanish people

Comment

I uploaded my results to gedmatch. I obtained in eurogenes k36, like a 6% of baltic, 4 % red sea and like 7% caucasus. That could be jewish heritage? Because all my european ancestors were spanish and i don't know how baltic or caucasus are related with spanish people
                        Those populations don't sound Jewish to me. They do sound Slavic or possibly Balkan. But remember if you are Spanish or Portuguese you could have Moorish/Ottoman influences in your ancestry. And they definitely swept through the Balkans. This could come from 500 years ago though.

AB

Comment

Working...
                        X