Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do we access our 1.0 My Orgins data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do we access our 1.0 My Orgins data?

with the gen2 data being so different for many folks, how do we access our previous gen1 data?

Originally posted by JerryS. View Post
    with the gen2 data being so different for many folks, how do we access our previous gen1 data?
    Gone with the wind?

Comment

Originally posted by georgian1950 View Post
      Gone with the wind?
      epic. not surprising from what I hear of this site.

Comment

It's a good idea to download, take a screenshot, etc. of whatever information you get from the consumer genetic genealogy DNA testing companies, as soon as it is available to you. You never know when things will change at any of them.

I always try to do that for those kits that I manage, so I will have it in case of changes. There have been changes at 23andMe in their Ancestry Composition (their equivalent to myOrigins here) at least once since I tested there, with no warning that I observed. I'm sure Ancestry.com has changed their ethnicity tool a time or two, again likely without a warning. And, lest we forget, Ancestry.com used to offer Y and mt-DNA tests, and those are long gone now. If you didn't have the foresight to download those results, they too are in the wind now.

It's also good practice to download your Family Finder match list, and Chromosome Browser matches, on a regular basis. If you have any mtDNA or Y-DNA testing done, the same goes for those.

Comment

epic. not surprising from what I hear of this site.
          Are you saying the company hides information?

Comment

Want to know more

Hello JerryS - Can you plz tell me more about this. i am keen to enhance my knowledge

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by khclm View Post
              Are you saying the company hides information?
              I'm saying this company does not allow access to data it has already collected about your DNA from their gen 1 calculating model.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Seilheimer View Post
                Hello JerryS - Can you plz tell me more about this. i am keen to enhance my knowledge

Thank you
                they used a calculating model that they no longer use and the data they collected with that first version is not accessible to the people it was collected from. it is now obvious that you need to screen shot or whatever to save the data from their current (second) calculating model before that's gone too...as it will be different from their inevitable third version...

Comment

Working...
                X