Father and Son no Clusters in Common

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father and Son no Clusters in Common

How is it that my dad's results show 100% West and Central European while my results are 0%?

With the old myOrigins my dad and I had some significant overlap, but with myOrigins 2.0 the only cluster we share is a trace result of <2% North African.

Originally posted by thewaugh View Post
    How is it that my dad's results show 100% West and Central European while my results are 0%?

With the old myOrigins my dad and I had some significant overlap, but with myOrigins 2.0 the only cluster we share is a trace result of <2% North African.
    Because this new origins is bull crap. I am done with FTDNA, they pissed me off with this.

Comment

if it makes you feel better...

If it makes you feel better, I have no idea where my Scandinavia is and not sure why I have southern European and neither of my parents do. In the previous version, my mother had no British Isles and I did not show the British Isles however my father had about the same as now. These changes are drastic. Especially, since I did not show the British Isles before and now I am 68% and my mom is 38%. It seems it was bad before, and I don't think I can trust it now either. It makes it harder and harder to convince my wife's family to take the testing for our future children when this is the only thing people are interested in.

Dad
      British Isles 42%
      West and Central EU 41%
      Scandinavia 17%

Mom
      East EU 38%
      British Isles 26%
      West and Central EU 13%
      North/Cen America 16%

Me
      British Isles 68%
      East EU 14%
      Southeast EU 6%
      North/Cen America 7%

Comment

What Im noticing is for my children sometimes if two parent populations are separated by a geographical gap the child will end up with a cluster in between the two. For example my wife has 18% Scandinavian with a trace of finland and a trace of east Europe. I have SE Europe (4%) with a trace of east Europe and our daughter ended up with a large block of East Europe (13%) which lies directly between our major eastern clusters and overlaps with both of our trace regions. Considering the dynamic flow of genetics through Europe historically this mathematically makes some since.
        Last edited by cbeck; 7 April 2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X