Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyOrigins2.0

Congratulations FTDNA!!!

Now the results are even strangER than before!

I dont even need to start a new thread, but since there is a new version, then it deserves a new one. Good news is... the strange results are still there!

#MOSR001
    Only one parent has X% of an ethnic group, but son/daughter has actually higher percentage.

#MOSR002
    Only one parent has 50% of an ethnic group, but son/daughter has 0 (zero) percentage.

#MOSR003
    Individual has double digit percentage of an ethnic group, but his matches to this group are ridiculously scarce, e.g. less than 5%.

#MOSR004
    Individual has small percentage of an ethnic group, but none of the parents have it.

#MOSR005
    Individual has 100% of an ethnic group, but matches have 0% of it.

#MOSR006
    Individual with well known very diverse ancestry has simplified (lumped together) ethnic group composition, missing one or more ancestry groups.

#MOSR007
    Individual has different ethnic groups shown by other DNA tests.

#MOSR008
    Individual has results showing only 99%. Where is the missing 1%?

#MOSR009
    Individual has results showing only below 100% European descent, but Ancient Origins show 100% European. A contradiction?

You gotta love this mess...

Well I'm disappointed too! I get 7% SE European and Eastern European (which I got in the original MyOrigins) that neither of my parents get! I'd like to believe my parents' results but based on mine I'm not overly confident!
    Last edited by Boudicca1; 5 April 2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudicca1 View Post
      Well I'm disappointed too! I get 7% SE European and Eastern European (which happened in the original MyOrigins) that neither of my parents get! I'd like to believe my parents' results but based on mine I'm not overly confident!
      Yes, I think they did a good work for SOME PEOPLE, but for OTHERS LIKE YOU AND ME it is a disappointment.

Do you know where to find the reference populations for this new version 2.0?

Comment

Where are the Saami?

My Origins 2.0 is in. I still have an 8% mystery Asia Minor component where was my father is 0% Asia Minor. That means is comes from my mother who is 100% Norwegian ancestry, with about 25% from the Mo i Rana, area, where the church was originally founded as a mission to the Saami. But FTDNA has no Saami category. Do Saami show up as Asia Minor in the results?

Comment

Originally posted by tewilder View Post
          My Origins 2.0 is in. I still have an 8% mystery Asia Minor component where was my father is 0% Asia Minor. .. Do Saami show up as Asia Minor in the results?
          No.

Asia Minor has nothing to do with Saami people.

Comment

I got 21% asia minor on MO2.0. It doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by malchik View Post
              No.

Asia Minor has nothing to do with Saami people.
              What about Finland

Comment

They dropped the ball big time with this update. They keep trying to explain the problem away but its not working. My grandmother was German and I had many other German ancestors. The old Origins was more accurate and now I show no German. They told me German is not even a thing but regions are shown, so after that smart ass remark I explained to them I dont even have 1% showing for that region. FTDNA sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by A.Lock View Post
                  They dropped the ball big time with this update. They keep trying to explain the problem away but its not working. My grandmother was German and I had many other German ancestors. The old Origins was more accurate and now I show no German. They told me German is not even a thing but regions are shown, so after that smart ass remark I explained to them I dont even have 1% showing for that region. FTDNA sucks!
                  Did you get British & Irish or Eastern European? Some Germans lean in those directions a lot (to English) and little (to Eastern European) and they now include the former grouped with English and the latter grouped with Eastern Europeans.

Comment

I had the opposite occur. I have quite a bit of German ancestry from both my mother & father (my father grew up in a German-speaking home), but with the old MyOrigins I didn't show any German at all; just British Isles, Scandinavia, Southern Europe, Asia Minor, and North Africa. Now I show West and Central Europe (and a small amount of West Middle East, which is congruent with my mother's claims of some Jewish ancestry).

Likewise my son showed no German with the old MyOrigins (only British Isles, Scandinavia, and Southern European)-- and my wife has German-Speaking Swiss ancestry too! With the new MyOrigins my son shows 50% West and Central Europe (and a small amount of Ashkenazi).

For my son & I, the MyOrigins 2.0 is much more accurate than the old MyOrigins.

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
                      What about Finland
                      No. Asia Minor means Anatolia/Caucasus. Although I read somewhere they took samples from Armenia... it is irritation, they dont actually publish the reference populations.

Comment

They dropped the ball big time with this update ...
                        Yes.

FTDNA sucks!
                        Hahahahahaha

If I was insulted many times for just asking questions, this will send you definitely straight to punishment corner of the 'sensitive what-your-tone police' here.

Good luck!

Comment

Congratulations FTDNA!!!

Now the results are even strangER than before!

I dont even need to start a new thread, but since there is a new version, then it deserves a new one. Good news is... the strange results are still there!

#MOSR001
                          Only one parent has X% of an ethnic group, but son/daughter has actually higher percentage.

#MOSR002
                          Only one parent has 50% of an ethnic group, but son/daughter has 0 (zero) percentage.

#MOSR003
                          Individual has double digit percentage of an ethnic group, but his matches to this group are ridiculously scarce, e.g. less than 5%.

#MOSR004
                          Individual has small percentage of an ethnic group, but none of the parents have it.

#MOSR005
                          Individual has 100% of an ethnic group, but matches have 0% of it.

#MOSR006
                          Individual with well known very diverse ancestry has simplified (lumped together) ethnic group composition, missing one or more ancestry groups.

#MOSR007
                          Individual has different ethnic groups shown by other DNA tests.

#MOSR008
                          Individual has results showing only 99%. Where is the missing 1%?

#MOSR009
                          Individual has results showing only below 100% European descent, but Ancient Origins show 100% European. A contradiction?

You gotta love this mess...

Comment

Boring

My ancestry composition before the change was pretty boring.
                            Mostly Central European, good chunk Scandinavian, part Jewish, some British, a tad Mediterranean... Now I am an exciting and diverse Central European. Can't wait for the next upgrade where they will probably tell me that I am most likely Human.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajor View Post
                              My ancestry composition before the change was pretty boring.
                              Mostly Central European, good chunk Scandinavian, part Jewish, some British, a tad Mediterranean... Now I am an exciting and diverse Central European. Can't wait for the next upgrade where they will probably tell me that I am most likely Human.
                              You can start with this test, BUT unfortunately they ask you to state your ethnicity first...

http://howhumanareyou.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X