Would like thoughts on a Sardinian/Italian match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtoml3 View Post
    Would you agree that Tuscan and Greek are simply a fill in for Croatian/Balkan?

Overall there are hints of Italian here and there using different sources. It's hard to prove without a paper trail, but it seems like a coincidence if I don't have any, but I have bits and pieces that might hint at it.
    No. Your results are just ambiguous. I certainly would not rule out Italian ancestry at this point. Again, don't place too much confidence in family history. It may be correct but it may be at variance with dna information which goes back further in time

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
      No. Your results are just ambiguous. I certainly would not rule out Italian ancestry at this point. Again, don't place too much confidence in family history. It may be correct but it may be at variance with dna information which goes back further in time
      Out of interest, my sister gets 2.9% Sardinian on DNA.LAND. Again not a definitive answer, just another clue to throw into the box.

Comment

Out of interest, my sister gets 2.9% Sardinian on DNA.LAND. Again not a definitive answer, just another clue to throw into the box.
        Look at this with a grain of salt. The secific figures are just not very reliable once a general region is identified. Just go to Venice harbor, there are ships from all over the Adriatic.

Comment

I also get Greek and Bulgarian and sometimes Austrian/Hungary in my population admixture in addition to Italian. In my case I definitely believe it represents my Balkan ancestry. There is another person on ftdna who has Albanian ancestry who also gets Greek and Bulgarian populations which represent her Albanian or Arbereshe ancestry.

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
            Too close to call since the results depend on how a particular program cuts the geographic pie. I would choose Eurogenes over Dodecad in regard to Ashkenazi ancestry ---Eurogenes is more precise re Ashkenazi ancestry.
            Some predictors are useless to tell Ashkenazi ancestry, since they DONT HAVE ANY ASHKENAZI REFERENCE POPULATION WITHIN THEM to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by malchik View Post
              Some predictors are useless to tell Ashkenazi ancestry, since they DONT HAVE ANY ASHKENAZI REFERENCE POPULATION WITHIN THEM to begin with.
              Yes, that is why I have only mentioned predictors that have an Ashkenazi sample. I am close to 100% Ashkenazi but on some predictors my top rank is Italian-Sicilian or Lebanese.

Comment

Working...
              X