Hi Malchik and Frank,

Here are my results from DNA.Land:

West Eurasian 100%:

Northeast European 47%: North Slavic 40%, Finnish 7.1%

South European 23%: South/Central European 19%, Balkan 3.7%

Northwest European 18%

Southwestern European 12%

An image with more details is attached.
    This result looks more like the one from myOrigins, but with a different emphasis.
    I was hoping for a similar result to AncestryDNA (East-West).
    This means that the Italian element is stronger than I thought. North Slavic is also more in the direction of Russia than Poland or Hungary.

What do you think of these results and how would you compare them to the previous results.
    Malchik, is your conclusion still the same and northern Austria the best location?

I appreciate your help.

Paul
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Paul001 View Post
      Malchik, is your conclusion still the same and northern Austria the best location?
      Paul, I am not saying northern Austria is the best location. I am just guessing that IF they both came from the same place, this place would be around that area.

However, IF they DIDNT come from the same place, then it means that COMBINED it LOOKS LIKE they come from that area. But it can be you have a German father and a Polish mother or any other plausible combination.

You have to take these tests as compasses, they give you some directions but they cannot pin point locations with accuracy, just approximation.

Comment

Hi to all,

there is another serious contender in the field, MyHeritage. Here are my results:

North and West Europe: 45.0%
        English 21.1%
        North and West European 12.7%
        Scandinavian 6.5%
        Finnish 4.7%

East Europe: 44.6%
        Balkan 25.3%
        Baltic 19.3%

South Europe: 9.6%
        Greek 9.6%

Ashkenazi Jewish 0.8%
        Ashkenazi Jewish 0.8%

Basically, these results are similar to others, except for one country: Can someone please explain to me, why no other company mentioned in this thread has detected my English heritage? 21.1% is also a high number. It certainly came as a surprise to me.

I appreciate your feedback.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul001 View Post
          Hi to all,
          Basically, these results are similar to others, except for one country: Can someone please explain to me, why no other company mentioned in this thread has detected my English heritage? 21.1% is also a high number. It certainly came as a surprise to me.

I appreciate your feedback.

Paul
          Different names for populations, how exact is their terminology for a certain region, etc.

What are their reference populations like?

The list goes on.

For myself, I like to compare the results and sort of average out how each company or program interprets them. I don't think putting a lot of weight into these ethnicity estimates is all that useful. It's not an exact science.

Comment

Working...
          X