• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonia
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jun 2016

Ancient European Origins

Originally posted by JuanCarlos View Post
    I've seen that the main component among people from India and South/Central Asia in general, seems to be this Metal Age Invader category. I've been reading some results posted by people from that part of the world and that's what it looks like.
    Hi. Referencing your post JuanCarlos, I am wondering about a mysterious and substantial 10%. My AEO stats: 62% Early Farmers, 29% Hunter-Gatherers and 10% non-European. NO Metal Age Invaders at all! My Ethnic Makeup breakdown is ME 71% European 20% and non-European 10%. I am dark-haired & blue-eyed. Any theories appreciated.

Comment

• jvarela
      FTDNA Customer
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Antonia View Post
      Hi. Referencing your post JuanCarlos, I am wondering about a mysterious and substantial 10%. My AEO stats: 62% Early Farmers, 29% Hunter-Gatherers and 10% non-European. NO Metal Age Invaders at all! My Ethnic Makeup breakdown is ME 71% European 20% and non-European 10%. I am dark-haired & blue-eyed. Any theories appreciated.
      Are you american or european? From?

Comment

• JuanCarlos
        FTDNA Customer
        • Oct 2007

Antonia, what country are you from? You state your ethnic make up is 71% ME, which means Middle Eastern, plus 20% European. You did not receive any Metal Age Invaders in Ancient Origins. The 10% non-European could be anything. That you did not receive any Metal Age Invader % may be related to the specific area, or country, you are from. That will help a lot. However, you did get 29% Hunter Gatherers, which is stronger in Europe and 62% EF, which covers Southern Europe and is also strong in the ME.

Comment

• ALASMI
          FTDNA Customer
          • Sep 2016

I am from Saudi Arabia.

Ancient Origins:

Hunter-Gatherer:0%

Farmer:76%

Metal Age Invader:19%

non-European:5%

Myorigins:

Middle Eastern:100%

Eastern Middle East:91%

North Africa:9%

Comment

• josh w.
            FTDNA Customer
            • Mar 2005

Your pattern fits those of Southwest Asia and the Red Sea area. There were few Kurgans (Metal culture) in that area.

Comment

• josh w.
              FTDNA Customer
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
              Your pattern fits those of Southwest Asia and the Red Sea area. There were few Kurgans (Metal culture) in that area.
              Actually you are related to the Metal people. They are not your ancestors but your distant cousins. It turns out that you and the Metal people (Kurgans) have some of the same ancestors. This can be seen by uploading to Gedmatch to understand part of the connection which is obscured at ancient Origins.

If you check the map for the Metal culture, you will see that the origins of the group were in the Caucasus. The arrows specifically point to a Caucasian-Iranian group of hunter-gatherers and farmers who have the same autosomal patterns. For short, they are identified as CHG-EEF. Both ancient Origins and the Gedmatch programs are based on the recent research of Lazaridis. From that research it turns out that the 43% of Metal lines and 16% of Saudi lines stem from the same CHG-EEF

It may take a bit of time to upload to Gedmatch-remember your kit number. Once uploaded, choose the Heritage option. Next chose the Gedrosia Near East Neolithic admixture program. You will provided with your individual results. On your results page choose the Oracle 4 option. On the Oracle 4 page check the Speadsheet option. This will provide a table listing the ancient origins for many countries. This is where I got the 16% CHG-EEF figure for Saudis. In particular note the Natufian percentage for Saudis and yourself. Natufians introduced agriculture to the Levant, but they began on the north shore of the Gulf of Aqaba.

Comment

• josh w.
                FTDNA Customer
                • Mar 2005

Actually you are related to the Metal people. They are not your ancestors but your distant cousins. It turns out that you and the Metal people (Kurgans) have some of the same ancestors. This can be seen by uploading to Gedmatch to understand part of the connection which is obscured at ancient Origins.

If you check the map for the Metal culture, you will see that the origins of the group were in the Caucasus. The arrows specifically point to a Caucasian-Iranian group of hunter-gatherers and farmers who have the same autosomal patterns. For short, they are identified as CHG-EEF. Both ancient Origins and the Gedmatch programs are based on the recent research of Lazaridis. From that research it turns out that the 43% of Metal lines and 16% of Saudi lines stem from the same CHG-EEF

It may take a bit of time to upload to Gedmatch-remember your kit number. Once uploaded, choose the Heritage option. Next chose the Gedrosia Near East Neolithic admixture program. You will provided with your individual results. On your results page choose the Oracle 4 option. On the Oracle 4 page check the Speadsheet option. This will provide a table listing the ancient origins for many countries. This is where I got the 16% CHG-EEF figure for Saudis. In particular note the Natufian percentage for Saudis and yourself. Natufians introduced agriculture to the Levant, but they began on the north shore of the Gulf of Aqaba.
                Note that the ancient Origins Farmer map does not show a connection to the Caucasians even through Lazaridis found admixture between Asia Minor and the CHG-EEF region by 7000BC, the time frame of the map. To elaborate, Lazaridis first concluded that Caucasian Hunter Gatherers
                (CHG) were the ancestors of the Metal people. He revised his view to include Iranian farmers (CHG-EEF) because they had the same dna pattern. That is how it is listed at Gedmatch

Comment

• josh w.
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Mar 2005

Note that the ancient Origins Farmer map does not show a connection to the Caucasians even through Lazaridis found admixture between Asia Minor and the CHG-EEF region by 7000BC, the time frame of the map. To elaborate, Lazaridis first concluded that Caucasian Hunter Gatherers
                  (CHG) were the ancestors of the Metal people. He revised his view to include Iranian farmers (CHG-EEF) because they had the same dna pattern. That is how it is listed at Gedmatch
                  To illustrate the extent of admixture: By the time farming reached England, 33% of Asia Minor lines and 44% of Levantine lines were from Iran

Comment

• wombat
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by ISC80 View Post
                    If I remember correctly, a Finn has posted his/her results here: 8% non-European.
                    Given these results, I would not be surprised to see a European from the east or northeast being 10% non-European, due to the genetic afinity with Asia.
                    Oops, not sure how I forgot about that. Yeah that does make sense. I suppose some Russians or some far eastern Eastern Europeans might be able to get say 1-3% non-European too.

Yeah that does make sense since other ancient component basis tests actually did give Finnish people and Russians (and likely some far eastern Eastern Europeans) varying bits of say basic ancient Northeast Asian component.

Comment

• wombat
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by jvarela View Post
                      My scores origin results: 79% european; 7% Middle Eatern(North Africa); 8% New world; 6% African. But Ancient origin score gave just 80%???I thought they would add 79% and 7% Middle Eastern, cause North African is present in Iberian people which I have ascendancy. So, from what gene I could expect these 20% score?
                      I guess your Middle Eastern North African was ultra biased towards African genes and not many from Fertile Crescent farmers?

Comment

FTDNA Customer
                        • Nov 2010

Me, Finnish

myOrigins:
                        Finnish & Northern Siberia, 95%
                        Scandinavian, 5%

Ancient European Origins:
                        Metal Age Invader, 14%
                        Farmer, 28%
                        Hunter-Gatherer, 52%
                        non-European, 5%

Comment

• wombat
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 192971 View Post
                          Me, Finnish

Ancient European Origins:
                          Metal Age Invader, 14%
                          Farmer, 28%
                          Hunter-Gatherer, 52%
                          non-European, 5%
                          exact same as Baltic results other than for 5% of HG going to non-European Asian instead

Comment

FTDNA Customer
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by wombat View Post
                            exact same as Baltic results other than for 5% of HG going to non-European Asian instead
                            52%/0.95 ~= 55%
                            28%/0.95 ~= 29%
                            14%/0.95 ~= 15%

That is how we should calculate it. (Or why should we think that non-European Asian would target only HG percentage of Balts to make Finns?)

The adjusted percentages are quite near to your mom. Where her roots are?

my mom:
                            56% Hunter-Gatherer
                            29% Farmer
                            15% Metal Age Invader
                            In myOrigins I am 100% European, so my 5% non-European has been accepted as European at some point after the ancient times. :-)
                            Last edited by 192971; 9 December 2016, 04:26 AM.

Comment

• EraliaRose
                              FTDNA Customer
                              • Nov 2015

METAL AGE INVADER 12%
                              FARMER 40%
                              HUNTER-GATHERER 31%
                              NON-EUROPEAN 17%

Most of my non-European is Native American.
                              MyOrigins-
                              European 76%
                              British Isles 35%
                              West and Central 24%
                              Southern 10%
                              Finland and North Siberia 7%

New World
                              Native American 10%

Middle Eastern
                              Eastern Middle East 8%

East Asia
                              Northeast Asia 4%

Africa
                              West Africa 2%

Comment

• jvarela
                                FTDNA Customer
                                • Nov 2016

I guess your Middle Eastern North African was ultra biased towards African genes and not many from Fertile Crescent farmers?
                                In this case you means, the north african score certanly come from Sub-Saharian Africa?

Comment

Working...
                                X