Interesting results on my granddaughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting results on my granddaughter

My daughter is a single mom, the father of her child was born in Mexico City and we don't know a whole lot about his ancestry, sadly he chose not to stay apart of our family.

So we tested my little granddaughter and the results were interesting. I know that the My Origins is not the most accurate part of FTDNA's test results but it is interesting to look at them. My GD results say she is 51% European with a sub-breakdown of 28% Western and Central Europe, 11% British Isles, 8% Finland and N. Siberia and 4% Eastern European. She is also 30% New World/Native American. Then add in 14% NE Asia and 4%S.Central Asia.

I think it is mostly correct although I think the Finnish should be more Swedish which my origins is stronger in and also the Asian for me is 12% (my great grandmother was Japanese) so I don't see how my granddaughter could be 14% but who knows. Maybe she got a bigger chunk of that DNA than I did.

I also found it interesting that she has no Spanish or anything from the Mediterranean region as her father had a very Spanish look.

She is a real melting pot, and we love her for that!

Originally posted by Chrisinhouston View Post
    ... father ... born in Mexico City ...

So we tested my little granddaughter ... She is also 30% New World/Native American. Then add in 14% NE Asia and 4%S.Central Asia.

... the [NE] Asian for me is 12% (my great grandmother was Japanese) so I don't see how my granddaughter could be 14% but who knows. Maybe she got a bigger chunk of that DNA than I did.
    As Armando would tell you...
    Portions of Amerindian ancestry are construed by MyOrigins to be Northeast Asian and Central Asian because (a) this test reaches back in time and (b) doesn't have enough reference populations - so your granddaughter's actual Amerindian ancestry is presumably higher than 30% and that explains how she "got" so much of that affinity to show in her results.
    Last edited by khazaria; 30 September 2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by khazaria View Post
      that explains how she "got" so much of that affinity to show in her results.
      that = Asian

Comment

Working...
      X