Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too bad it hasn't updated yet

Comment

Khazaria - When you publish your article on Sephardic Jews in the online newsletter, Shem Toronto, will you please post the link here? Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by crossover View Post
        too bad it hasn't updated yet
        The mystery continues. The Scientific Papers forum has a new listing for yet another Sephardic uniparental sample (Y dna, Mtdna). The study by Nogueiro involved Portuguese crypto Jews. The study compared two samples from Portugal with four other Sephardic samples. As expected, there was variation in haplogroup composition from sample to sample. What's keeping Ftdna.

Comment

i guess they were wrong about ftdna updating myorigins in march

Comment

i guess they were wrong about ftdna updating myorigins in march
            Be optimistic! There are still ten days to go.

Comment

& (fingers crossed!)

Comment

Originally posted by NCroots View Post
                & (fingers crossed!)
                still haven't updated

Comment

still haven't updated
                  Yep looks like it will be later than they originally thought..

Comment

This is a disappointing though predictable outcome. Judging from his activity as a blogger, Mr Khan seems to have time for everything...else.

Comment

I was hoping that the updated MyOrigns would be out by today.

Comment

Me too... I am disappointed, but then again, I'm also still waiting for my 23andMe accounts to transition to the "new experience". I'm really just curious to see how my Southern European will be broken down.

Comment

News link on this subject

Hi,

I was curious too. I found this link from March that elaborates on this subject:

http://www.rootsandrecombinantdna.co...ture-pike.html

Comment

Originally posted by asveda77 View Post
                            Hi,

I was curious too. I found this link from March that elaborates on this subject:

http://www.rootsandrecombinantdna.co...ture-pike.html

Thanks for the info. As I understand the conference report, the Asia Minor and Eastern Middle East regions have been eliminated. Instead there is a Southwest Asia region which probably reflects the Arabian Peninsula, and an Ashkenazi component which is probably Eurasian. I am beginning to think that there will never be a Sephardic component, but I hope I am wrong.

Comment

This is a long, but excellent article. Although it's not directly related to the topic here, it's worth reading because it stretches our understanding of how things may have happened in many parts of the world. http://harvardmagazine.com/2009/07/w...he-men-england

Comment

Originally posted by josh w. View Post
                                Thanks for the info. As I understand the conference report, the Asia Minor and Eastern Middle East regions have been eliminated. Instead there is a Southwest Asia region which probably reflects the Arabian Peninsula, and an Ashkenazi component which is probably Eurasian. I am beginning to think that there will never be a Sephardic component, but I hope I am wrong.
                                The mystery continues. JewishGen is publicizing a series of papers on dna. One presentation will be on a survey of Sephardic Jews. I suspect that Ftdna cannot identify a unique Sephardic pattern which separates Ashkenazis and Sephardis except for host country influences. A status report would help.

Comment

Working...
                                X