Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else With 100% European Results?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Also 100% European

    Hi, I also found I am 100% European and I'm very confused to be honest how all this works...
    Western & central 54%
    Scandinavia 45%
    Eastern Europe 1%

    I was adopted and have very little if any information on my Bio family. I have always been curious of all this and would love some help on not only understanding what this means but how to find out more info on ancestors relatives etc.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by jbower View Post
      Known ancestry: 72% British Isles, 28% Western Europe
      Results: 71% Western Europe, 29% Scandinavian

      Ridiculously inaccurate, but interesting nevertheless.
      If you are 75% eastern English and 25% German it actually kind does make sense.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Onamystc View Post
        Hi, I also found I am 100% European and I'm very confused to be honest how all this works...
        Western & central 54%
        Scandinavia 45%
        Eastern Europe 1%

        I was adopted and have very little if any information on my Bio family. I have always been curious of all this and would love some help on not only understanding what this means but how to find out more info on ancestors relatives etc.
        Hard to be sure since results are a bit unstable from central/NW Europe and all and various complex mixes of ancestry can average out to the same ratios, but keeping it simple that looks possible like maybe very Danish with a little bit of German and/or Dutch mixed in if you were to assume that your background was not very mixed and most were from the same area for a few hundred years? If both parents came from different areas then maybe something like German + Swedish/Norwegian (which is sort of what Danes are, that sort of mix over the ages; so it's hard to know if you are that ancient mix or that recent mix)? Or it could be even more complex and some English (but likely not Irish) could be mixed in.

        Try EUrogenes K13 and Oracles too on GEDMATCH.
        Last edited by wombat; 29 November 2016, 01:02 AM.

        Comment


        • #34
          100% European

          I came out 100% European. Both my parents come from the alpine region in northern Italy. My results were:

          48% Italy/Greece
          25% Western Europe
          18% Scandinavian
          6% British
          3% Eastern European.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Ariana View Post
            I came out 100% European. Both my parents come from the alpine region in northern Italy. My results were:

            48% Italy/Greece
            25% Western Europe
            18% Scandinavian
            6% British
            3% Eastern European.
            YOU´ve mentioned you are 100% northern italy descendent. But, I´ve seen a genetic spreadsheet which mentioned that every single italian have large midlle eastern proportion in their genetic composition. But in your case, it doesnt occur. Are you just a northern italian descendent yet?

            Comment


            • #36
              Examples of people scoring 100% Eastern Europe in MyOrigins were posted this month to the Polish project's public message board:
              1. Izabela Karbassi: known ancestry is Polish
              2. Wayne Mitchell: known ancestry is 75% Polish + 25% Slovak
              3. Maciej Szymanski: known ancestry is mostly Polish but "my mom is only around 75% Polish her grandfather was of Hungarian and Polish de[s]cent with a little bit of Saxon German (Eastern Germany)"

              Gail Pelsinski is Polish and scores 99% Eastern European + 1% Finnish.

              Magdalena Gos has ancestors from S. Poland and N.W. Ukraine and scores 93% Eastern European + 7% Southern European.

              Peggy Silas has a Polish father and German mother. She scores 65% Eastern Europe + 3% Finnish + 32% West and Central European

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by jvarela View Post
                YOU´ve mentioned you are 100% northern italy descendent. But, I´ve seen a genetic spreadsheet which mentioned that every single italian have large midlle eastern proportion in their genetic composition. But in your case, it doesnt occur. Are you just a northern italian descendent yet?

                Pardon me for interrupting, but I think your genetic spreadsheet but be somewhat off. Not only did the poster you're referring to have no Middle Eastern DNA, neither does my mother or me. And my mother's family is from Campania in Southern Italy. She's 100 percent European, and her family has been there for generations. I'm 100 percent European, too (my father is Northern European). So not all Italians have non-European DNA. And that's through two different DNA testing companies BTW.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Stephen Rhodes View Post
                  My Family Finder myOrigins results tell me that I am 100% European. The breakdown is as follows:

                  57% from the British Isles
                  24% from Scandinavia
                  19% from Western and Central Europe

                  I would love to talk to people with similar results. Also, anyone who can help me understand what this means would be great!

                  Cheers,

                  Steve
                  My Mother's results:

                  52 %British Isles
                  36% Scandinavia
                  12% Southern Europe

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Tabitha View Post
                    Pardon me for interrupting, but I think your genetic spreadsheet but be somewhat off. Not only did the poster you're referring to have no Middle Eastern DNA, neither does my mother or me. And my mother's family is from Campania in Southern Italy.
                    Pardon me for interrupting, but what is 'somewhat off'...?

                    (1) There are several spreadsheets (from different calculators, for example Eurogenes, Dodecad, etc...), which break down the ethnicities down to many other population references.

                    (2) In providing information to test takers, both Ancestry and FTDNA cluster similar populations within a single macro label (perhaps for easier understanding for geographically challenged people...) and that is one of the reasons why observe discrepancies among test results.

                    (3) Campania is one of the most ancient ethnically diverse regions of Italy. One of the ancient HUBS OF THE ANCIENT MEDITERRANEAN WORLD. It was like a 'New York City of The United States of Mediterranea'. Expect anything...

                    (4) The poster, to which jvarella(he?) is referring to, actually tested with AncestryDNA not with FTDNA, where Asia Minor (a Middle Eastern component) shows up specially high in Southern Italians. Anyway, this is DEEP ANCESTRY... from OUTSIDE EUROPEAN SOIL.

                    (5) Today, northern European populations retain their links to both the earliest Europeans and these later migrants from the Middle East.
                    https://genographic.nationalgeograph...e-populations/

                    (6) Eurogenes calculators (and many others) attribute to Italians and EVEN TO ALL SCANDINAVIANS at least 5% of West Asian component.

                    She's 100 percent European, and her family has been there for generations. I'm 100 percent European, too (my father is Northern European). So not all Italians have non-European DNA. And that's through two different DNA testing companies BTW.
                    (7) NOT EVEN 10 GENERATIONS PAST FROM BOTH SIDES in European soil is 100% certainty of 100% European DNA, specially because one company stablishes conclusions based on RECENT ANCESTRY while the other on DEEP ANCESTRY (which comes from outside of Europe since nobody sprung up from European soil...).

                    (8) It all depends when you set the clock ticking to consider what is European and what is not. Any '100% European' is a sure 100% European as far as his paper trail goes back to when the clock started ticking. Same thing applies to any other people...

                    (9) I suppose that the companies use DIFFERENT ALGORITHMS for DIFFERENT REFERENCE POPULATIONS to stablish DIFFERENT MATCHES DATABASE, therefore to expect 100% ACCURACY HERE is not actually right.

                    (10) Enjoy reading more.
                    http://eurogenes.blogspot.de/

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by malchik View Post
                      Pardon me for interrupting, but what is 'somewhat off'...?

                      (1) There are several spreadsheets (from different calculators, for example Eurogenes, Dodecad, etc...), which break down the ethnicities down to many other population references.

                      (2) In providing information to test takers, both Ancestry and FTDNA cluster similar populations within a single macro label (perhaps for easier understanding for geographically challenged people...) and that is one of the reasons why observe discrepancies among test results.

                      (3) Campania is one of the most ancient ethnically diverse regions of Italy. One of the ancient HUBS OF THE ANCIENT MEDITERRANEAN WORLD. It was like a 'New York City of The United States of Mediterranea'. Expect anything...

                      (4) The poster, to which jvarella(he?) is referring to, actually tested with AncestryDNA not with FTDNA, where Asia Minor (a Middle Eastern component) shows up specially high in Southern Italians. Anyway, this is DEEP ANCESTRY... from OUTSIDE EUROPEAN SOIL.

                      (5) Today, northern European populations retain their links to both the earliest Europeans and these later migrants from the Middle East.
                      https://genographic.nationalgeograph...e-populations/

                      (6) Eurogenes calculators (and many others) attribute to Italians and EVEN TO ALL SCANDINAVIANS at least 5% of West Asian component.



                      (7) NOT EVEN 10 GENERATIONS PAST FROM BOTH SIDES in European soil is 100% certainty of 100% European DNA, specially because one company stablishes conclusions based on RECENT ANCESTRY while the other on DEEP ANCESTRY (which comes from outside of Europe since nobody sprung up from European soil...).

                      (8) It all depends when you set the clock ticking to consider what is European and what is not. Any '100% European' is a sure 100% European as far as his paper trail goes back to when the clock started ticking. Same thing applies to any other people...

                      (9) I suppose that the companies use DIFFERENT ALGORITHMS for DIFFERENT REFERENCE POPULATIONS to stablish DIFFERENT MATCHES DATABASE, therefore to expect 100% ACCURACY HERE is not actually right.

                      (10) Enjoy reading more.
                      http://eurogenes.blogspot.de/
                      Of course. But we don't get DNA from every single ancestor. Even though I might have had Middle Eastern ancestors through my Italian line, I obviously didn't inherit their DNA and neither did my mother.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Tabitha View Post
                        Of course. But we don't get DNA from every single ancestor. Even though I might have had Middle Eastern ancestors through my Italian line, I obviously didn't inherit their DNA and neither did my mother.
                        Did it become obvious to you through the company A, with flawless precise results, or through the company B, with incredible track record of impecable results? You obviously didnt read my post with attention it deserves. Too bad...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Stephen Rhodes View Post
                          My Family Finder myOrigins results tell me that I am 100% European.

                          My myOrigins is 100% European.

                          Scandinavia 32%
                          British Isles 30%
                          Southern Europe 16%
                          Western and Central Europe 12%
                          Eastern Europe 10%
                          Central Asia 1%


                          Here are my Ancient European Origins
                          14% Metal Age Invader
                          43% Farmer
                          43% Hunter-Gatherer
                          0% non-European


                          My first biogeographical DNA test years ago, in 2006, was by DNAPrint and their AncestryByDNA test said I was 83% European and 17% Native American.

                          I also tested with 23andMe in 2009, and Ancestry.com this year (2017).

                          My known ancestry is solely European. Mostly British, with Dutch, Swedish, French, Belgian, German, Swiss, etc, and 1/4 Czechoslovakian.


                          This, rainbow, is my original FTDNA forum account. My other FTDNA forum account is ~Elizabeth~.
                          Last edited by rainbow; 24 March 2017, 09:22 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by rainbow View Post
                            My myOrigins is 100% European.

                            ...
                            Central Asia 1%
                            Can you explain how does the 1% above fit as European?

                            Just asking...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              My results are:

                              100% European.

                              West and Central Europe 52%
                              British Isles 39%
                              Scandinavia 5%
                              Finland & Northern Siberia 4%

                              Being a Brit with a good paper trail this fits pretty well for me.

                              Cheers, Ade.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                                My results are:

                                100% European.

                                ...

                                Finland & Northern Siberia 4%
                                Can you explain how does the 4% above fit as European?

                                Just asking...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X