No announcement yet.

Anyone Else With 100% European Results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else With 100% European Results?

My Family Finder myOrigins results tell me that I am 100% European. The breakdown is as follows:

57% from the British Isles
    24% from Scandinavia
    19% from Western and Central Europe

I would love to talk to people with similar results. Also, anyone who can help me understand what this means would be great!

Cheers,

Steve

Also 100% European

British Isles 45%
    Scandanavia 36%
    Southern Europe 15%
    Finland and Northern Siberia 2%
    Eastern Europe 2%

I show 100% European and from my family oral traditions, I should show some Native American. Most of us have these stories about an Indian female ancestor and I have several of those on both my maternal and paternal sides. I never really believed them. I guess it's possible that I could have some Native American ancestry, but not enough to register.

Comment

Originally posted by sspeters41 View Post
      British Isles 45%
      Scandanavia 36%
      Southern Europe 15%
      Eastern Europe 2%

I show 100% European and from my family oral traditions, I should show some Native American. Most of us have these stories about an Indian female ancestor and I have several of those on both my maternal and paternal sides. I never really believed them. I guess it's possible that I could have some Native American ancestry, but not enough to register.
      Have you tried GEDmatch's admixture programs? My Origins gives me 100% European, but I have one percent or so Native American and African on most of the GM calculators. Those are not noise because my autosomal and X-DNA matching segments lead me to what I believe are the source for those amounts. For instance a number of my lines tie back to a couple in mid 1600s Barbados whose offspring were undoubtedly mulatto.

Jack Wyatt
      Last edited by georgian1950; 27 December 2015, 07:24 AM. Reason: additional content

Comment

Originally posted by sspeters41 View Post
        British Isles 45%
        Scandanavia 36%
        Southern Europe 15%
        Eastern Europe 2%

Have you had an Ancestry.com test? They are the best at picking up Native American DNA. 23andme is also very good at it. FTDNA myOrigins isn't good at picking up small amounts of Native American.

Gedmatch can provide false results called noise since people from Europe also get up to 2% Native American when they have no Native American or even American ancestry.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Rhodes View Post
          My Family Finder myOrigins results tell me that I am 100% European. The breakdown is as follows:

57% from the British Isles
          24% from Scandinavia
          19% from Western and Central Europe

I would love to talk to people with similar results. Also, anyone who can help me understand what this means would be great!

Cheers,

Steve
          Food for thought... I wonder if the 24% that is Scandinavian represents Viking ancestry in the British Isles? I also wonder if the 19% Western and Central European could represent the Angles, Saxons and Jutes influences in the British Isles - England especially?

Steve

Comment

Food for thought... I wonder if the 24% that is Scandinavian represents Viking ancestry in the British Isles? I also wonder if the 19% Western and Central European could represent the Angles, Saxons and Jutes influences in the British Isles - England especially?

Steve
            I would say so, think once one becomes admixed (of different ethnic backgrounds) these more ancient groups begin to show.

My Maternal English Grandmother shows
            69% Scandinavia
            23% British Isles
            7% Southern Europe
            2% Eastern Europe

My Maternal half Norwegian/half Swedish Grandfather
            100% Scandinavia

My Paternal half Scottish/half Irish Grandfather
            99% British Isles
            1% Southern Europe

The rest of my family is listed in following post

http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...0&postcount=16

Comment

My results are:

68% British Isles
              27% Scandinavia
              5% Eastern Europe

I know all of my 3g grandparents (barring any unknown NPEs), and all were of British Origin (mostly English, a few Scottish). I have plenty of brick walls at my 3g grandparents, so who knows from that point back. I do have one known 6g grandparent.

With no known Scandinavian ancestors, I assume that the 27% Scandinavian is Viking influence in the British Isles
              Last edited by Sionnan; 28 December 2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Steve
                My results are 100% European/100% British Isles. Steve, I think you are right in identifying your Scandinavian component with the Vikings and the Western/Central European component with Germanic populations. The British Isles component is likely Celtic.

Comment

I'm also 100% European (Yay, Europe!)

56% Western & Central Europe
                  23% Eastern Europe
                  21% British Isles

I'm primarily German and Irish. On Ancestry, I have 15% Scandinavian, but no Scandinavian ancestry that I know of so FTDNA has it more accurate. I have a lot of ancestors from Northern Germany and the Netherlands and I think that's where it's coming from.

Comment

FTDNA gives me as 100% European broken down as 57% West and Central Europe and 43% Scandinavia. My brother has 100% European with about a 75/25% break down in the same two regions.

My Ancestry.com DNA was 100% European broken down into: Great Britain 57%
                    Iberian Peninsula 12%
                    Scandinavia 11%
                    Ireland 10%
                    Finland/Northwest Russia 7%
                    Europe West 3%

These results pretty much follow my paper trail as I have it.

Comment

100% European

Originally posted by Armando View Post

Gedmatch can provide false results called noise since people from Europe also get up to 2% Native American when they have no Native American or even American ancestry.
                      This is interesting, and helpful, as I had 1.37 % Amerindian show up in Gedmatch, and I have zero family history indicating any Native American ancestry.

My MyOrigins results are:
                      100% European

84% Scandinavian
                      16% British Isles

Comment

100% also

Mine is,
                        55% Western and Central Europe
                        15% Eastern Europe
                        13% British Isles
                        8% Scandinavian
                        7% Southern Europe
                        2% Finland and Northern Siberia

Comment

I-Z140, H23

58% British Isles
                          18% Western and Central Europe
                          12% Scandinavia
                          11% Southern Europe
                          2% Finland and Northern Siberia

101%
                          FTDNA cannot do basic maths.

Comment

100% European

I-L1302, H4a1a4b

95% Finland and Northern Siberia
                            5% Scandinavian

Comment

Steve
                              I think the Scandinavian represents not just Norse Vikings but also the Jutes (from Denmark) and the Danish Vikings (Danelaw) and the Normans (Norman Conquest of England). The Normans were mixed Scandinavian and French (they intermarried with women from Normandy, France).

Comment

Working...
                              X