Eastern Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Europe

Hi I have 18% Eastern Europe as part of my origins results and if I'm reading correct about the admixture it says it's a mix of Western Europe and Middle East, it might be a stupid question but is Eastern Europe more closely related to say Iran in admixture or Western Europe or is it simply that Eastern Europe is its own admixture and not to be confused with any other.
    Thank you for reading.

Originally posted by benboy View Post
    Hi I have 18% Eastern Europe as part of my origins results and if I'm reading correct about the admixture it says it's a mix of Western Europe and Middle East, it might be a stupid question but is Eastern Europe more closely related to say Iran in admixture or Western Europe or is it simply that Eastern Europe is its own admixture and not to be confused with any other.
    Thank you for reading.
    There is mention of Near Eastern farmers, but it is probably not a major influence. There may be some central Asian and Siberian influences. It may well depend on location. Finland may have more Asian than Slavic although there are Scandinavian influences as well. European Russia is closer to central Europe. The same for other Slavic countries.

Comment

Originally posted by benboy View Post
      Hi I have 18% Eastern Europe as part of my origins results and if I'm reading correct about the admixture it says it's a mix of Western Europe and Middle East
      The interpretation you read is misleading. The "Eastern Europe" in MyOrigins is essentially equivalent to Balto-Slavic. It is not a combination of other ingredients.

18% Eastern Europe is IMHO too much to explain away. However, it may predate a genealogical timeframe.

Comment

Working...
      X