No announcement yet.

Please post your ftdna "My Origins" results for comparison:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally decided to post mine , I do not agree with the FTDNA "my origins" at all.

I have also included the euro7 admix % that are close to what I really am.

My Orgins

100% European

46% British
    26% Scandinavia
    24% West-Central European
    4% southern

Dodecad Euro 7

Caucasus 2.70

Northwest 47.87
    Northeast 24.96

Southeastern 8.46
    Southwestern 16.01

Comment

Here my families from OP other thread

http://forums.familytreedna.com/show...0&postcount=16

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
        Lori,

Even if your matches from Jalisco are IBS (Identical by State) that is where some of your ancestry is from.
        I thought if it was IBS it was just by chance we share it not by ancestry?

Comment

Originally posted by hazel_ion View Post
          I thought if it was IBS it was just by chance we share it not by ancestry?
          IBS is normally shared by distant ancestry and not recent ancestry.

Part of the ISOGG definition is "In genetic genealogy the term IBS is generally used to describe segments which are not identical by descent and therefore do not share a recent common ancestor. IBS is also used in genetic genealogy to describe small IBD segments which are shared by many people both within and between populations and which have no genealogical relevance." http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Identical_by_state

The "between populations" matches will mostly be in the same relative geographic area such as northern Europe vs southern Europe and the same ethnicity such as Hispanic, so Spaniards and Latin Americans match, and the "within population" matches can help a person learn where a portion of their ancestry is from. So in the case of Lori some of her "within population" IBS matches will be from Jalisco and some of her "between population" IBS matches will be other Mexicans from other states and also other Hispanics.

Not everyone in your list of matches, most of whom are from your region of known ancestry, would hold up as an IBD match, if you and they had your parents and grandparents to triangulate on or to create phased kits. However, out of all of those IBS kits a majority of them will be people from the same ethnic group as your own. In the case of Lori her IBS matches from Jalisco will be due to having common autosomal SNPs from the group of people that settled and lived in Jalisco since the mid-late 16th century.

One very good example of how IBS happens in peole with similar ancestry is the case of the Clovis Anzick infant matching living people, and almost all of them had Native American ancestry. Felix thought that either it was contaminated or that the specimen was only a few hundred years old and that 14C dating is unreliable, which no scientist thinks it can be off by 14,000 years or even 2,000 years after calibration. It took him a while but he finally settled on it being mathematically possible that the Clovis Anzick infant could actually match living people and the results are valid. Ann Turner also doubted the matching at Gedmatch but some of the same FTDNA kits at Gedmatch that matched the Clovis Anzick infant also match it in FTDNA once the Clovis Anzick infant results were uploaded to FTDNA. http://www.fi.id.au/2014/10/ancient-...lytreedna.html
          Last edited by Armando; 27th January 2015, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            IBS is normally shared by distant ancestry and not recent ancestry.

Part of the ISOGG definition is "In genetic genealogy the term IBS is generally used to describe segments which are not identical by descent and therefore do not share a recent common ancestor. IBS is also used in genetic genealogy to describe small IBD segments which are shared by many people both within and between populations and which have no genealogical relevance." http://www.isogg.org/wiki/Identical_by_state

The "between populations" matches will mostly be in the same relative geographic area such as northern Europe vs southern Europe and the same ethnicity such as Hispanic, so Spaniards and Latin Americans match, and the "within population" matches can help a person learn where a portion of their ancestry is from. So in the case of Lori some of her "within population" IBS matches will be from Jalisco and some of her "between population" IBS matches will be other Mexicans from other states and also other Hispanics.

Not everyone in your list of matches, most of whom are from your region of known ancestry, would hold up as an IBD match, if you and they had your parents and grandparents to triangulate on or to create phased kits. However, out of all of those IBS kits a majority of them will be people from the same ethnic group as your own. In the case of Lori her IBS matches from Jalisco will be due to having common autosomal SNPs from the group of people that settled and lived in Jalisco since the mid-late 16th century.

One very good example of how IBS happens in peole with similar ancestry is the case of the Clovis Anzick infant matching living people, and almost all of them had Native American ancestry. Felix thought that either it was contaminated or that the specimen was only a few hundred years old and that 14C dating is unreliable, which no scientist thinks it can be off by 14,000 years or even 2,000 years after calibration. It took him a while but he finally settled on it being mathematically possible that the Clovis Anzick infant could actually match living people and the results are valid. Ann Turner also doubted the matching at Gedmatch but some of the same FTDNA kits at Gedmatch that matched the Clovis Anzick infant also match it in FTDNA once the Clovis Anzick infant results were uploaded to FTDNA. http://www.fi.id.au/2014/10/ancient-...lytreedna.html
            thanks for that, I get it
            Very helpful

Comment

FF in, batch 604

The MyOrigins results I posted above have shifted a little, now 47% Western and Central Europe, 33% British Isles, and 19% Scandinavian.

Comment

On paper, I am a real mutt: English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Swiss, German, French, Danish, and Native American. I am a little confused by the Southern European part of my results, but I then I also am not sure who my maternal grandmother’s father was. The family rumor had him as being French. My great grandmother took that secret to her grave.

Origins—100% European
                British Isles—57%
                Western and Central Europe—25%
                Southern Europe—18%

GedMatch Eurogene K15
                North_Sea 34.38%
                Atlantic 28.17%
                Baltic 6.70%
                Eastern_Euro 7.89%
                West_Med 13.17%
                West_Asian 3.09%
                East_Med 3.95%
                Red_Sea 0.41%
                South_Asian 1.13%
                Southeast_Asian 0.50%
                Siberian -
                Amerindian 0.07%
                Oceanian 0.37%
                Northeast_African -
                Sub-Saharan 0.18%

GedMatch Eurogene K13
                North_Atlantic 49.16%
                Baltic 18.86%
                West_Med 17.12%
                West_Asian 4.85%
                East_Med 6.23%
                Red_Sea 0.53%
                South_Asian 1.40%
                East_Asian 0.69%
                Siberian -
                Amerindian 0.31%
                Oceanian 0.52%
                Northeast_African -
                Sub-Saharan 0.33%
                Last edited by IslaMel; 29th January 2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

My ancestry is French Canadian, Scottish, Irish, English, German, Dutch, and Swiss German.

Origins—100% European
                  Western and Central Europe—90%
                  Eastern Europe—10%
                  Last edited by Kdub; 4th February 2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

1) From a familial perspective I am descended from slaves and a mix of African, European and Native American. I took the test to clear up the mysteries in my family tree. Based on my results I had more missing pieces than I thought I did. It definitely broke through a few brick walls in my research.

2)
                    My Origins
                    75% African
                    West Africa 67%,
                    East Central Africa 5%
                    South-Central Africa 3%

22% European
                    Scandinavia 12%
                    British Isles 6%
                    Eastern Europe 2%
                    Finland and Northern Siberia 2%

2% Middle Eastern
                    Eastern Middle East 2%

1% New World
                    Native American 1%

Comment

My known ancestry is English & German. My mother always claimed to have some Jewish ancestry, though I've not found definitive proof.
                      Attached Files

Comment

My dad's autosomal results just came back (still waiting on the Y). Based on what I know of his background, he "should" be 75% Mexican & 25% Chinese.

FTDNA gave him: 38% East Asian, 31% European, 26% New World, 4% African.

Broken down it's:
                        Southeast Asia - 19%
                        Northeast Asia - 19%
                        Southern Europe - 23%
                        Finland & Northern Siberia - 8%
                        Native American - 26%
                        West Africa - 4%

So, that's interesting. I'm assuming that the 8% is more Northern Siberian than Finland & that it ties into the Native American or East Asian? I can't wait till his Y results & 23&Me tests come back. \o/

Originally posted by angeljacoby View Post
                        OK, going on family lore & research - from my dad's side I should get 37.5% Mexican & 12.5% Chinese. And from my mom's side I should be 25% German, 12.5% Irish, & 12.5% unknown (prob Euro mix). FTDNA gave me:

British Isles - 31%
                        Eastern Europe - 14%
                        Southern Europe - 8%
                        Finland & Northern Siberia - 6%
                        Northeast Asia - 10%
                        Southeast Asia - 7%
                        New World - 12%
                        Jewish Ashkenazi Diaspora - 6%
                        Eastern Middle East - 3%
                        West Africa - 2%

---

Now, my mother "should" be 50% German, 25% Irish, & 25% Unknown. But FTDNA gave her:

British Isles - 63%
                        Eastern Europe - 16%
                        Southern Europe - 2%
                        Asia Minor - 17%
                        North Africa - 2%

---

Unfortunately, both my dad's & my maternal grandmother's (her father is the source of our unknown %'s) test results won't arrive for quite a while so I can't yet compare things as much as I'd like. I won't really be able to give an opinion on if I truly agree w/ FTDNA's myOrigins until I can look at them all together.

I can say that Ancestry showed me w/ a bit more Native American @ 19%. The really weird thing was that they showed me as having 3 times more Irish than my mom did. Which make little sense as I get the Irish from her & her dad's side. No clue why.

Comment

For my father's kit which I just got back yesterday...

98% European (98% British Isles)
                          2% Middle Eastern (2% Asia Minor)

I feel like the most genetically boring person on this thread, lol.

Still waiting for my Gedmatch information to process, will likely post my results from there here too.

Comment

MyOrigins gives me results which are not surprising in any way. I have about 1000 known ancestors in my family tree, all of them Finnish, and great majority of them Western Finnish.

European 100%
                            - Finland and Northern Siberia 95%
                            - Scandinavia 5%

Despite the historical documents have not shown me any Scandinavian ancestors, I do have plenty of FF matches from Sweden and Norway. Also, both my Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroups (I1-L1302/H4a1a4b) and matches point to West or Southwest from Finland.

Comment

MyOrigins results:
                              100% European (58% British Isles, 34% Scandinavian,8% Southern Europe)

From traditional genealogy, my guess going in (all known ancestors to US 1800 or earlier, but one gg grandfather is unknown, and a pair of ggg grandparents is mostly unknown) would've been:
                              85-90% UK&Ireland (all over, but weighted a bit more heavily in areas like SW Scotland and Yorkshire,England), 5%-10% assorted western Europe (known immigrants from southern France and from southern Germany), and some very small percentage like 1-5% Amerindian (paper trail says 7xgrandma and possibly 6xgrandma on same line that I am descended from twice - and my unknown lines are also married into this basic branch of the tree, which is why I put such a wide range for the guess).

So, as it turns out, my unknowns must be European, and maybe contributed something to my Scandinavian and/or Southern Europe elements ? The y-dna family project for the possible Amerindian descent brings up some real questions,too. About half the people who list a specific male progenitor don't match the other half, so it's very possible my paper trail is one of the half that is wrong.

I'll also add my results from Gedmatch:
                              MDLP World-22:
                              # Population Percent
                              1 North-East-European 49.67
                              2 Atlantic_Mediterranean_Neolithic 33.66
                              3 West-Asian 8.57
                              4 North-European-Mesolithic 4.76
                              5 Near_East 1.55
                              6 Indo-Iranian 1.01
                              7 Indo-Tibetan 0.4
                              8 Paleo-Siberian 0.35
                              9 South-America_Amerind 0.03

Dodecad World9:
                              1 Atlantic_Baltic 73.49
                              2 Southern 13.2
                              3 Caucasus_Gedrosia 12.5
                              4 South_Asian 0.5
                              5 Siberian 0.3

Eurogenes K13:
                              # Population Percent
                              1 North_Atlantic 48.88
                              2 Baltic 23.92
                              3 West_Med 16.17
                              4 West_Asian 5.53
                              5 East_Med 2.96
                              6 South_Asian 0.92
                              7 Red_Sea 0.88
                              8 Northeast_African 0.36
                              9 Oceanian 0.22
                              10 Siberian 0.16

Comment

Revisiting my original "pre-DNA project" guess, in light of the "DNA predictions," my revised personal guess at my
                                ancestry is : 92-94% UK&Ireland, 6-8% Western Europe (esp. German and French). I'm not ruling out some small percentage from some unknown Scandinavian ancestor that I can't figure out, but my guess is that it is simply that the particular British Isles mix I have happens to include a bit more Viking than some and/or my bits of French and German might be throwing the predictor a bit east and south.
                                Family Finder has provided me with a possible clue in the form of "mystery matches" that I think might be related to my unknown. That's why I revised my UK % upwards a bit.

MyOrigins results:
                                100% European (58% British Isles, 34% Scandinavian,8% Southern Europe)

Comment

Working...
                                X