Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eurogenes ANE K7 results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eurogenes ANE K7 results

    Population
    ANE 14% Ancient Eurasian
    ASE 3% Ancient South Eurasian
    WHG-UHG 56% Western European Unknown Hunting Gatherer
    East_Eurasian -
    West_African -
    East_African 1%
    ENF 27% Early Neolithic Farmer

  • #2
    My Result :

    0.15% ANE
    51.36% ASE
    0.39% WHG-UHG
    46.70% East_Eurasian
    0.53% West_African
    0.84% East_African
    0.02% ENF

    Comment


    • #3
      What do the acronyms ANE, ASE, and WHG-UHG stand for?

      Thanks,
      TT

      Comment


      • #4
        Ignore my query. After quite a bit a Googling I found a site that identified the acronyms.

        Thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Time Traveler View Post
          Ignore my query. After quite a bit a Googling I found a site that identified the acronyms.

          Thanks
          I think it's already there, in the 1st post.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Taz85 View Post
            Population
            ANE 14% Ancient Eurasian
            ASE 3% Ancient South Eurasian
            WHG-UHG 56% Western European Unknown Hunting Gatherer
            East_Eurasian -
            West_African -
            East_African 1%
            ENF 27% Early Neolithic Farmer
            So you have a 14% link to Mal'ta boy. Isn't that where the ANE comes from?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 1798 View Post
              So you have a 14% link to Mal'ta boy. Isn't that where the ANE comes from?
              I haven't looked at the data sheet yet, So I dunno if ANE is only represented by 1 genome, I doubt it.

              I know Ancient Eurasia certainly did not originate in Siberia.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Taz85 View Post
                I haven't looked at the data sheet yet, So I dunno if ANE is only represented by 1 genome, I doubt it.

                I know Ancient Eurasia certainly did not originate in Siberia.
                In stead of ANE it should be ancient central European dna.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 1798 View Post
                  In stead of ANE it should be ancient central European dna.
                  I seen this today.
                  "Several questions will be important to address in future ancient DNA work. One question concerns where and when the Near Eastern farmers mixed with European hunter-gatherers to produce the EEF. A second question concerns how the ancestors of present-day Europeans first acquired their ANE ancestry. Discontinuity in central Europe during the late Neolithic (~4,500 years ago) associated with the appearance of mtDNA types absent in earlier farmers and hunter-gatherers raises the possibility that ANE ancestry may have also appeared at this time. Finally, it will be important to study ancient genome sequences from the Near East to provide insights into the history of the basal Eurasians."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is no doubt a stretch... But I think it is likely that the y-DNA haplogroups associated with ANE were those descended from the branch of P that went north along the Pacific Coast, after spending millenia in the South China Sea area.

                    Those branches of P are known as Q and R. The population likely separated as it moved north into the temperate zone, with one population moving toward Beringia, and the other moving inland, ultimately following the steppe westward. Through genetic drift, the eastern group came to be dominated by Q & the western group by R. R probably spent the LGM in a refuge in or near Central Asia. The group that became R2 may have headed south toward Pakistan & India. The group that became R1 likely spent the LGM south of the Caucasus. As steppe hunters, it would be reasonable to suppose that by maybe 10,000 years ago, R1 had moved back to the steppe.

                    I suspect that between 5000 BC & 4000 BC, parts of both R1a & R1b were involved in horse domestication, and they thundered East & West on horseback, following the steppe and eventually moving beyond that. These were likely the folk that brought Indo-European languages and bronze tools & weapons into Europe, all on horseback. They probably arrived in Old Europe (ie, the Balkans) at about 4000 BC, after which that civilization disappears from the archaeological record. They probably arrived in central Europe (Austria, Germany, Switzerland) by 3000 BC or so.

                    The discovery of ANE (by scientists) supports the interpretation that R1b arrived in Europe just a few millenia ago from the East.

                    Linguists have long noted that, although there was a bit of borrowing in the PIE language from the Caucasian group, the core of PIE appears to be more closely related to the Nostratic or Eurasiatic superfamily, which includes Finno-Ugric, Uralic, Turkic, Manchurian, Japanese & more remotely, Amerindian. This is consistent with my suggestion that ANE brought the Indo-European languages into Europe.

                    Timothy Peterman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
                      This is no doubt a stretch... But I think it is likely that the y-DNA haplogroups associated with ANE were those descended from the branch of P that went north along the Pacific Coast, after spending millenia in the South China Sea area.

                      Those branches of P are known as Q and R. The population likely separated as it moved north into the temperate zone, with one population moving toward Beringia, and the other moving inland, ultimately following the steppe westward. Through genetic drift, the eastern group came to be dominated by Q & the western group by R. R probably spent the LGM in a refuge in or near Central Asia. The group that became R2 may have headed south toward Pakistan & India. The group that became R1 likely spent the LGM south of the Caucasus. As steppe hunters, it would be reasonable to suppose that by maybe 10,000 years ago, R1 had moved back to the steppe.

                      I suspect that between 5000 BC & 4000 BC, parts of both R1a & R1b were involved in horse domestication, and they thundered East & West on horseback, following the steppe and eventually moving beyond that. These were likely the folk that brought Indo-European languages and bronze tools & weapons into Europe, all on horseback. They probably arrived in Old Europe (ie, the Balkans) at about 4000 BC, after which that civilization disappears from the archaeological record. They probably arrived in central Europe (Austria, Germany, Switzerland) by 3000 BC or so.

                      The discovery of ANE (by scientists) supports the interpretation that R1b arrived in Europe just a few millenia ago from the East.

                      Linguists have long noted that, although there was a bit of borrowing in the PIE language from the Caucasian group, the core of PIE appears to be more closely related to the Nostratic or Eurasiatic superfamily, which includes Finno-Ugric, Uralic, Turkic, Manchurian, Japanese & more remotely, Amerindian. This is consistent with my suggestion that ANE brought the Indo-European languages into Europe.

                      Timothy Peterman
                      R1a is the more likely candidate to have brought the IE language's to western Europe.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It has been pointed out that R1a matches strongly to the satem half of the Indo-European languages. Looking only at the R1b & R1a content of a population, I note the following:

                        1. In populations with a lot of R1b & almost no R1a, Celtic or Italic languages (both centum) are usually spoken.

                        2. In populations with a majority of R1b & a minority of R1a, Germanic languages (centum) are usually spoken.

                        3. In populations with a majority of R1a & a minority of R1b, Balto-Slavic languages (satem) are usually spoken.

                        4. In populations with a lot of R1a & almost no R1b, Indo-Iranian languages (satem) are usually spoken.

                        I'm sure that exceptions can be found. But from a 30,000 foot view, this is the picture that seems to emerge.

                        Because of this, I suspect that PIE was a blend of both R1b & R1a. The two haplogroups were probably separated by genetic drift in derived populations.

                        Timothy Peterman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...05440314002982
                          "Abstract
                          In a previous study we presented a new method that used summed probability distributions (SPD) of radiocarbon dates as a proxy for population levels, and Monte-Carlo simulation to test the significance of the observed fluctuations in the context of uncertainty in the calibration curve and archaeological sampling. The method allowed us to identify periods of significant short-term population change, caveated with the fact that around 5% of these periods were false positives. In this study we present an improvement to the method by applying a criterion to remove these false positives from both the simulated and observed distributions, resulting in a substantial improvement to both its sensitivity and specificity. We also demonstrate that the method is extremely robust in the face of small sample sizes. Finally we apply this improved method to radiocarbon datasets from 12 European regions, covering the period 8000–4000 BP. As in our previous study, the results reveal a boom-bust pattern for most regions, with population levels rising rapidly after the local arrival of farming, followed by a crash to levels much lower than the peak. The prevalence of this phenomenon, combined with the dissimilarity and lack of synchronicity in the general shapes of the regional SPDs, supports the hypothesis of endogenous causes."

                          I think that this population explosion coincides with the origin of all the branches of R1b under L11 in western Europe.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I had a go at this one...

                            These are my results! I'm still trying to understand all this as ony got my results back last night.

                            ANE 8.94%
                            ASE 1.50%
                            WHG-UHG 30.84%
                            East_Eurasian 1.90%
                            West_African -
                            East_African 1.77%
                            ENF 55.03%

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hm, interesting. I got:

                              ANE 14.62%
                              ASE 5.67%
                              WHG-UHG 41.08%
                              East_Eurasian 20.18%
                              West_African 0.97%
                              East_African 2.92%
                              ENF 14.58%

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X