myOrigins Reference Populations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myOrigins Reference Populations

I'd really like to see their reference populations for myOrigins. When will this information be released?

Originally posted by phje View Post
    I'd really like to see their reference populations for myOrigins. When will this information be released?
    Here are the reference populations used for myOrigins as per the webinar on Monday.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, gerlyons!

So, myOrigins is only based on these 36 reference populations?

Population Finder reference samples for America were: Maya, Pima, Colombian, Karitiana and Surui.

myOrigins reference samples for America are only: Karitiana and Surui?

Is that correct? If anyone could provide any further insight I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Comment

It must be more than 1353 samples in all?? And if so, how did they pick these particular samples?

Comment

Originally posted by Svein View Post
          It must be more than 1353 samples in all?? And if so, how did they pick these particular samples?
          Here are the slides from the webinar that about reference population and samples.

The recorded webinar is available at http://bit.ly/myOriginsWebinar
          Attached Files

Comment

More information is available about myOrigins at: https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/...s/walkthrough/

Comment

no data available ?

Hello , I have seen my results about myOrigins so I have no data available in table (you can see on the picture )

I wonder why ?

Thanks

Willy
              Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully the white paper will go more into the reference populations. But there are very few samples, and this part of the problem with the current MyOrigins.

Comment

Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
                  Here are the slides from the webinar that about reference population and samples.

Thanks!

Comment

No data available

To the person who asked about why there is "no data available" in the matches section, I believe it is because noone that matches with you has given permission to FTDNA to share their results. Very frustrating. Out of all my matches, only 3 are sharing.. and yet FTDNA said only 1% have opted out.

Comment

Originally posted by S9 H9 View Post
                      Hopefully the white paper will go more into the reference populations. But there are very few samples, and this part of the problem with the current MyOrigins.
                      I hope so too. What I would also like to see is how each of those people in the reference populations appear in myOrigins. Very few populations are 100% anything and seeing the results could bring to light why some people have certain populations in their results.

Comment

Originally posted by gerlyons View Post

Does anyone else only get the audio? I'm not seeing the video although I've allowed the Windows-blocked plug ins; running Windows 8 on a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by S9 H9 View Post
                          What we need is a few ancient autosomal dna samples from the Isles to compare with ours to see how much or how little the dna has changed over the millennia.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
                            Does anyone else only get the audio? I'm not seeing the video although I've allowed the Windows-blocked plug ins; running Windows 8 on a PC.
                            The video doesn't start for a couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus View Post
                              The video doesn't start for a couple of minutes.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X