No announcement yet.

Post your Pop Finder results and known ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My results are 99.3% Western European (French)

I suppose it's accurate. My father was 1/2 Portuguese (from the Azores,) 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 English (although this line does go back to the Netherlands.) No clue where my mother's ancestors are from yet, but based on surnames, I am guessing a combination of England, Scotland, and Germany. I was thinking that with the Portuguese ancestry, I might have something other than Western European.

Comment

Results seem about right

69% European (Finnish, French, Orcadian, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Tuscan); 15% Maya, Columbian; 16% Mozibite. I have seen a family tree dating back to 16th century Germany on my paternal line and 17th century England - also paternal line. My maternal line would show Maya, Spanish and possibly Middle Eastern. I am thrilled at the Maya results as this line is where I had hit a brick wall at my maternal great grandfather. All I had was a name, death record and the oral history that he was Native American from Mexico. While I've seen some users unhappy with Mozibite results, I find my results completely believable given the Moorish influence of Spain. While Spain also has a Basque influence, I think it more likely the French results may have come form my Paternal line. I only have Family Finder results. I may upgrade to other tests eventually but I am very happy with my results.

Comment

My results were:
        71.46% Europe Southeast European(Romanian) margin of error: ±0.51%
        7.11% Native American(Surui, Columbian, Maya)margin of error: ±0.60%
        21.44% Middle East(North African)Mozabite margin of error:±0.10%

My Known ancestry:
        -my father is from Albania(there is Greek, Serbian and Montenegrin in his family)

-my mother's grandparents parents were from Spain (sephardic) and Sicily (they settled in Puerto Rico.)
        I think my results are pretty spot on..
        Last edited by JuliaB; 22 March 2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I got this, I am British!

Europe (Western European) Orcadian 95.38% ±1.80%
          Middle East 4.62% ±1.80%

My paternal cousin (also British) got:
          Europe (Western European) Orcadian 95.43% ±1.70%
          Middle East 4.57% ±1.70%

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaB View Post

My results were:
            71.46% Europe Southeast European(Romanian) margin of error: ±0.51%
            7.11% Native American(Surui, Columbian, Maya)margin of error: ±0.60%
            21.44% Middle East(North African)Mozabite margin of error:±0.10%

My Known ancestry:
            -my father is from Albania(there is Greek, Serbian and Montenegrin in his family)

-my mother's grandparents were from Spain (sephardic) and Sicily (they settled in Puerto Rico.)
            I think my results are pretty spot on..
            *sorry, that's supposed to say "my mother's grandparents were from Spain (sephardic) and Sicily (they settled in Puerto Rico.)"

Comment

On paper I'm 7/8th's English and 1/8th Polish.

Pf results,

Continent (Subcontinent) Population Percentage Margin of Error
              Europe (Western European) Orcadian 93.73% ±1.91%
              Middle East Palestinian, Adygei, Bedouin, Bedouin South, Druze, Iranian, Jewish, Mozabite 6.27% ±1.91%

Comment

Sephardic

It looks like Sephardi and Mozabite are the same thing correct?

My mother has sephardic ancestors (Thanks FTDNA) and she comes up as 22% Mozabite.

Todd

Comment

Europe (Western European) Orcadian 90.75% ±0.07%
                  Africa (West African) Yoruba, Mandenka 9.25% ±0.07%

Nothing surprising in that info.

Michael

Comment

Population Finder:

74% Orcadian, 26% Middle Eastern.

Known Ancestry (in descending order):

Austrian (including South Tyrol, modern Italy), Serbian, Polish, Swedish, Hungarian, Greek.

Eurogenes K13:

# Population (source) Distance
                    1 Serbian 6.55
                    2 Romanian 7.91
                    3 Austrian 8.81
                    4 Hungarian 9.71
                    5 Bulgarian 10.59
                    6 French 12.53
                    7 North_Italian 14.14
                    8 German 14.81
                    9 Portuguese 15.89
                    10 Spanish_Cataluna 16.5
                    11 Spanish_Galicia 16.57
                    12 Tuscan 16.72
                    13 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon 17.44
                    14 Spanish_Extremadura 17.49
                    15 Spanish_Murcia 17.98
                    16 Spanish_Valencia 18.19
                    17 Dutch 18.33
                    18 Southeast_English 18.86
                    19 Spanish_Andalucia 19.37
                    20 Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha 19.42

Comment

I'm just a European blend.

Comment

On the Beta test, I'm 97.82% Western European with a + or - margin of error as 7.53% that was run against Basque, French, Orcadian, Spanish.

My paper trail includes ancestors back into the 1700's as Irish (Ulster), English, Scottish, German, Swiss, Dutch, Walloon, Flemish, Finnish, Swedish on my father's side. My mother's side isn't as back as far or as documented, but nothing strange seems to be popping up in the line.

My brother's Beta test was 91.55% Europe (Western European) with a + or - margin of 8.49% run against French and Spanish, and an 8.45% Europe with a + or - 8.49% run against Finnish, Orcadian, Russian.

I wonder what the new population finder will show.

Comment

According to Pop Finder,
                          I'm, Middle East(Jewish)100% +/-0.01. Thats all it reports.
                          My Geno2 says I'm,
                          56% Mediterranean, 21% Northern European, 20% Southwest Asian, 2% Northeast Asian, 1.7% Neanderthal, 1.1% Denisovan.

My family is, 100% Jewish from Eastern Europe,on all lines,
                          I guess my results are accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdna View Post
                            According to Pop Finder,
                            My Geno2 says I'm,
                            56% Mediterranean, 21% Northern European, 20% Southwest Asian, 2% Northeast Asian, 1.7% Neanderthal, 1.1% Denisovan.

Considering your family is all Eastern Europe, Geno2 is more accurate than PF. Logically you're not 100% Middle Eastern.Hopefully the new PF will shed more light for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdna View Post
                              According to Pop Finder,
                              My Geno2 says I'm,

Do they have a Jewish Population to compare to OR they analyze the result and come to that conclusion?

Comment

Opinions are sooo welcome

Population Finder Results

Europe Finnish, Russian 52.29% ±1.11%
                                Native South American) Surui, Karitiana 7.02% ±0.32%
                                Middle East (North African) Mozabite 36.66% ±1.02%
                                Africa Yoruba,Mandenka,Bantu Kenya,Bantu S.Africa 4.03% ±0.22%

What I know:

Grandparents Mother side:
                                Grandmother is a mix or Native Brazilian and African, but I think the Native Brazilian is mixed with whites because the tribe they found has no contact with white people and are existing even today. It is far away from where my great-grandmother lived, besides she has a white last name and her husband (Joaquim Julio da Silva)(according to the legend) was African.

Grandfather is a mix of white Portuguese (Fernandes) and Italian lady from Venice, near Austria. Her name was Guilhermina, which is a variation of Wilhemina, an Austrian name.

Father side:
                                Grandfather side: every single person is from Portugal
                                Grandmother side: Spain and Italy

I was raised on Jewish customs, even though they were catholics. Last names were: Baptista, de Jesus, Guerreiro, Moreno, Palacio, Fernandes, Souza/Sousa, Rodrigues de Freitas.

I did this test to see if any Jewish thing shows up.

The dna tribes has a tiny bit of African, zero Ameridian and does show Portugal (known to me), Andalusia (known to me), Italian (known to me) but the majority is Russian and region, which is the only European that Population Finder displays.

If anyone wants to give any opinion on my results, I will really appreciate it.
                                Last edited by RobertaMarques; 22 April 2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X