Post your Pop Finder results and known ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your Pop Finder results and known ancestry

Is anyone willing to post their Population Finder results and known ancestry and whether or not you think the two agree?

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Is anyone willing to post their Population Finder results and known ancestry and whether or not you think the two agree?
    I am 96.77% western European(Orcadian) and 3.23% southeast Asian. All of my known ancestors originated in Ireland. I think that my results are accurate.

Comment

PF on FTDNA:

93,02 Western Europe
      6,98 Middle east
      +/- 2,27 %

My paper documents trace back to 1600-1758 say in the 4 different branches: West Germany/East Germany/Poland(todays borders).
      I have two unknown ancestors as the fathers are documented in birth records as "unknown".

Comment

and the PF results for my maternal Grandma:

97,92 Western Europe
        2,08 Africa
        (+/-) 0,07

The ancestors (earliest 1758) of Oma came from West Poland, which was earlier East Brandenburg in Prussia. So this PF results were very astonishing for me.

Comment

PF has me as 100% Orcadian +-0.01%. This is reasonable considering the populations available in PF. My ancestry is mostly British with most of that being English but also some Scottish and Irish with also some German and French (Acadian).

Comment

My PF result:
            Europe (Western European), population: Orcadian: 93,57% ±7,89%,
            Europe, population: Orcadian, Russian, Finnish: 6,43% ±7,89%

That's probably right. I have Norwegian ancestry as far back as the sources go; from about 1650 and earlier some admixture of Forrest Finns, Danes, Dutch, Germans and Swedes.

My father's PF result:
            Europe (Western European), population: Orcadian: 75,64% ±2,43%,
            Europe, population: Russian, Finnish: 24,36% ±2,43%

I don't know of any Forrest Finns on my father's side, but they are probably there somewhere, since he has some Finnish matches.

My maternal brother's PF result:
            Europe (Western European), population: Orcadian: 84,84% ±2,47%,
            Europe, population: Russian, Finnish: 11,31% ±1,99%,
            Middle East, population: Iranian, Jewish, Mozabite, Palestinian, Adygei, Bedouin, Druze: 3,85% ±1,36%

The Middle East component is strange, but it may be thousands of years old.

Comment

My PF result is:

East Asia (Southeast Asian)- 79.79% (plus or minus 15.89%)
              East Asia -13.99% (plus or minus 16.19%)
              Oceania - 6.21% (plus or minus 1.20%)

The margin of error, except for Oceania, says it all...
              Although at GEDMATCH.com my non-East Asian ancestries are indicated (depending on the test), however, already in small percentages.

I hope PF will have better result soon...

Comment

Europe (Western European) Orcadian 72.82% ±4.47%
                Middle East Adygei, Iranian 27.18% ±4.47%

my father is Romany Gypsy my mother is Scottish with very possible Dutch heritage.
                My results puzzle me a little as both Dr McDonald and GED both show me to have South Asian or Indian around the same % as my FT Middle East Adygei Iranian results so I'm not sure if I carry Asian or Middle East? my European results from FT don't go into enough detail to assume anything though Adygei would make sense as there could be eastern Europe in my genes.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                  and the PF results for my maternal Grandma:

97,92 Western Europe
                  2,08 Africa
                  (+/-) 0,07

The ancestors (earliest 1758) of Oma came from West Poland, which was earlier East Brandenburg in Prussia. So this PF results were very astonishing for me.
                  That one is strange. Did you upload that to gedmatch? If so, have you used Eurogenes K13?

Comment

Originally posted by Svein View Post
                    The Middle East component is strange, but it may be thousands of years old.
                    Yes, most likely it is many thousands of years old. Proven by tests on ancient remains found in Sweden.

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2012/04...ic-sweden.html

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2012/04...neolithic.html

Gok4 (TRB / farmer)
                    Ajv52 (PWC / hunter-gatherer)
                    Ajv70 (PWC / hunter-gatherer)

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2012/10...-dna-with.html

Notice that Gok4 (TRB / farmer) has a larger amount of Mediterranean and Southwest Asian in the past two studies using globe13. That is from when farmers went into Scandinavia from the east and it just happened to show up in that person's test since each component of siblings is about 2% different when using Geno 2.0, globe13, or Eurogenes K13.

Here is another study that included those ancient remains.
                    http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2013/09...g-ancient.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse1961 View Post
                      My PF result is:

East Asia (Southeast Asian)- 79.79% (plus or minus 15.89%)
                      East Asia -13.99% (plus or minus 16.19%)
                      Oceania - 6.21% (plus or minus 1.20%)

The margin of error, except for Oceania, says it all...
                      Although at GEDMATCH.com my non-East Asian ancestries are indicated (depending on the test), however, already in small percentages.

I hope PF will have better result soon...
                      Geno 2.0 states that eastern Indians have on average 2% of the Oceanian component is from recent admixture. See Eastern Indian at https://genographic.nationalgeograph...e-populations/

You can see other populations with the Australasian [Oceanian] by downloading the globe13 spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...E&pli=1#gid=24 and reordering the Australasian [Oceania] component from highest to lowest and looking at the populations on the far left.

Comment

Originally posted by benboy View Post
                        Europe (Western European) Orcadian 72.82% ±4.47%
                        Middle East Adygei, Iranian 27.18% ±4.47%

my father is Romany Gypsy my mother is Scottish with very possible Dutch heritage.
                        My results puzzle me a little as both Dr McDonald and GED both show me to have South Asian or Indian around the same % as my FT Middle East Adygei Iranian results so I'm not sure if I carry Asian or Middle East? my European results from FT don't go into enough detail to assume anything though Adygei would make sense as there could be eastern Europe in my genes.
                        The Romany have a lot of Eastern European ancestry.

"We estimate that the Roma harbor about 80% West Eurasian ancestry-deriving from a combination of European and South Asian sources- and that the date of admixture of South Asian and European ancestry was about 850 years ago. We provide evidence for Eastern Europe being a major source of European ancestry, and North-west India being a major source of the South Asian ancestry in the Roma."

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2012/12...ani-et-al.html

There is more on the Romany at http://dienekes.blogspot.com/search/label/Gypsies

What do you get if you run your results through globe13 using the Dodecad Wrapper?
                        http://www.y-str.org/tools/diy-dodecad-wrapper/

Comment

Below are my results from FTDNA. I would agree with the European Ethnicity, but was surprised by the Middle Eastern Ethnicity. I have also included my Ancestry DNA results, pretty much on the same line with the exception of a few.

Europe: Basque, Finnish, French, Orcadian, Russian, Sardinian, Spanish, Tuscan 88.44% ±2.56%

Middle East: Mozabite, Bedouin 11.56% ±2.56%

Ancestry DNA: Great Britain 42%, Europe West 14%, Iberian Peninsula 13%, Scandinavia 10%, Italy/Greece 8% and Native American 3%.

Comment

Attached clip says 93.5% Orcadian and 6.5% Yoruba, Bantu, Kenya, Mandenka.

I think largely accurate except the African component in recent history was Egyptian via Germany to the US, and male lineage straight from Denmark (though I-L38 not typical of Denmark, in general).

I can see them being correct; or not... Seems to align with everything else in debunking the American Indian lore/myth in our spoken family history as passed to my generation.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Europe (Western European)French, Spanish 64.15% ±8.04%
                              Europe Finnish, Russian 35.85% ±8.04%

Paper trail is Irish/German. They have Europe right.

Comment

Working...
                              X