FamilyFinder not working RIGHT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FamilyFinder not working RIGHT!!!

My Dad's Family-Finder, came in about a month ago. I HOOKED myself and a Cousin of his that was HOOKED on the MALE side. Instead of a BLUE MAN being hooked up to us a RED LADY is hooked up to us; MEANING we match my DAD on the FEMALE side and not the MALE. I sent word to FTDNA, they worked on it TWICE!!!! WE are STILL hooked up by a RED LADY and NOT a BLUE MAN. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS FIXED???? Me #290905, Dad #950945

I think by "hooked," you mean that you linked your paternal cousin on your tree at FTDNA so your paternal matches could be sorted.

I, too, have had this problem with only one account that I manage (out of several). I tried unlinking the affected relatives, and re-linking them, but it didn't change anything. I also contacted Customer Support a couple of times, but the problem remains. Some of my immediate maternal relatives do show a red "female" icon, BUT so do some known close paternal relatives at the 1C1R to 2C1R relationship levels, even a paternal aunt! A few known paternal relatives show the purple "Both" icon, indicating the relationship is to both sides (not possible in my parents' case; meaning, I have found no common ancestry within a genealogical/autosomal timeframe).

It's been almost a year since my last request on this issue, so your post reminds me to pester FTDNA yet again. Perhaps if enough of us with this problem do so, whatever is causing the problem may get more attention and get fixed. Perhaps the new owners will enable the IT department devote more attention to such glitches.

p.s. It's not a good idea to post kit numbers in a public forum, especially since kit numbers are used for login purposes and a password might be "guessed" or otherwise found out using computer methods. You don't want anyone else having access to your kits. See "Security" in the FTDNA Forum FAQ.
    Last edited by KATM; 7 June 2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Yes the word is "linked" On my site my Dad and I are LINKED with a BLUE man, BUT on my Dad's site we are LINKED with a RED LADY. It's a shame that they CAN'T FIX this, and you've been waiting over a year. - YES, I'm going to BUG them again!!! THANKS

Comment

I'm a male. My kit shows the relationship with my mother as Mother/Daughter. For her kit, it shows as Father/Son. This has been happening for a while, but I regards FTDNA as so screwed up that it is not worth the bother to report this.

Comment

I have been with FTDNA since 2013, they are slow, BUT they have always fixed my problems. Maybe the software is no good to Family-Finders, I don't know, so I keep trying!!! :>}

Comment

georgian1950 what you describe makes sense. For your mother, FTDNA is saying that their relationship guess is that she is either your mother or your daughter on your kit. On your mother's kit it is saying that you are either her father or her son. So both relationship guesses know that it is a parent and child relationship, but the algorithm isn't given the birth date to know who is the parent so it gives either relationship possibility based on the sex of the person being listed as the match.

Comment

Originally posted by bhemph View Post
              georgian1950 what you describe makes sense. For your mother, FTDNA is saying that their relationship guess is that she is either your mother or your daughter on your kit. On your mother's kit it is saying that you are either her father or her son. So both relationship guesses know that it is a parent and child relationship, but the algorithm isn't given the birth date to know who is the parent so it gives either relationship possibility based on the sex of the person being listed as the match.
              I did my FATHER on Family-Finders. On My we are BLUE BOY, On His, we are RED GIRL. AND I added some of his Cousins that were LINKED to the MALE side, and they ARE ALL RED GIRL.

Comment

Originally posted by bhemph View Post
                Thanks, I was just looking at it wrong.

Comment

No Problem, I just want to make sure that I'm putting it out there right!

Comment

Working...
                  X