Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploaded Ancestry Tree (gedmatch file) - FTDNA severs connections when I link matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploaded Ancestry Tree (gedmatch file) - FTDNA severs connections when I link matches

I uploaded an Ancestry DNA tree to FTDNA but when I link matches it sometimes then severs a family connection higher up the tree leaving bits of the tree completely separate. I thought maybe I had inadvertently upset the software. So I deleted the tree & re-uploaded it. Same thing again! And I cannot see a way to connect them back to a relative that is already in the tree.

Am I messing up badly or is this really this janky? If random bits of tree are severed then it renders the tree unusable & I'll just delete it/

Thanks for any assistance

PS Will not be posting a link to the tree! will happily answer questions thanks

EG I link match 'Freda' - Freda's mother & father & maternal grandparents remain attached. But this line continues up with the paternal grandparents to the main tree. The separation occurs between the father & the paternal grandparents
    Last edited by abiu; 21 November 2020, 09:15 AM.
Working...
X