Unable order Family Finder from FTDNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable order Family Finder from FTDNA

the 111 marker results were released today, I'm now looking to purchase the Family Finder test, when I go to place the order it won't allow me saying the either I am not allowed or the test has already been completed though I have not yet ordered it? Any suggestions would be appreciated

If you are in the US call them at 713-868-1438 - Mon - Fri 9 AM - 5 PM CT.

Comment

Gisse, just a thought: had you previously transferred your autosomal file from another company to FTDNA? In that case, FTDNA would not allow you to order Family Finder, as you would already have results. I have seen posts from people who tried to order FF after transferring.

Comment

Thanks Jim, I'm in Australia but if all else fails I might try calling them.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion KTM, I haven't transferred any files at all..

Comment

Originally posted by KATM View Post
            Gisse, just a thought: had you previously transferred your autosomal file from another company to FTDNA? In that case, FTDNA would not allow you to order Family Finder, as you would already have results. I have seen posts from people who tried to order FF after transferring.
            Waaay late to the party but... We had this come with a maternal match to my FF test where we decided to get my mother testing using Family Finder rather than stick with the transfer from Ancestry. We had to open a support ticket with FTDNA and wait a few days for it to be erased from the system, but after that was done, we could order the test.

It can be done, it just requires talking to customer support, where they'll (ironically) often try to talk you out of doing so, because the need for it is pretty much for edge cases most will likely not encounter.

Comment

Working...
            X