Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spreadsheet template available for use in tracking Matches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreadsheet template available for use in tracking Matches?

Still waiting for results but I'd like to use the time to prepare for tracking any matches. I was hoping that I would find a template available from Family TreeDNA that would already be arranged so that a simple copy and paste of matches found later, could be added. I could work on it myself but I don't know what headings in what order and what format each column should be. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I know of no spreadsheet template provided by FTDNA. When you get your match results, you can go to the match tab and, once inside, there is a download button. That sends a CSV to your computer. You can then create an empty spreadsheet and import that file (rather than doing a copy and paste). FTDNA really seems to be an interactive system. For instance, in the match menu you can check off a target and display all matches in common. I know of no way of doing that with a spreadsheet using the import file.

Comment

Originally posted by imaquila View Post
      Still waiting for results but I'd like to use the time to prepare for tracking any matches. I was hoping that I would find a template available from Family TreeDNA that would already be arranged so that a simple copy and paste of matches found later, could be added. I could work on it myself but I don't know what headings in what order and what format each column should be. Any assistance would be appreciated.
      Back in Feb 2016 did the mtDNA and only just ordered the ftDNA so I appreciate you asked the question. Also important the answer. Sitting here tapping fingers waiting to know the results.

Comment

I made my own Excel spreadsheet for this, it is doable for Y STR results where there are publicly available results in projects, but for mtDNA and Big Y it is almost impossible. You can copy-and-paste the grids in the Y projects and the results with patience, and screen shots can be translated from Family Finder similar to the GEDMatch with even more patience.
        But "matches" that show for individuals in their kit page matches may not be accessible results unless they are in projects. I will always wonder how many samplers have their settings to not show matches and have no idea that their settings are completely private, as opposed to those who keep theirs private purposely. And how many have died with those settings.

Comment

Working...
        X