Dual SNPs in the X chromosome as reported in FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual SNPs in the X chromosome as reported in FF

Hello, Could you advise me why my raw results report the X chromosome as dual SNPs? I have three male kits and all three are consistent, with about Thirty only locations where the dual value reported is not identical. Just to make this point clear the majority of locations have calls like AA,CC GG TT , but only thirty have calls like CT GT AC. Do I Take it that I should treat the dual calls as single except where they are not identical? Why are there dual calls in a male test in the X chromosome?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by MikeABarry View Post
    Hello, Could you advise me why my raw results report the X chromosome as dual SNPs? I have three male kits and all three are consistent, with about Thirty only locations where the dual value reported is not identical. Just to make this point clear the majority of locations have calls like AA,CC GG TT , but only thirty have calls like CT GT AC. Do I Take it that I should treat the dual calls as single except where they are not identical? Why are there dual calls in a male test in the X chromosome?
    Due to fact that all the other chromosomes come in pairs, as well as females have two X's.
    Just due to convention, for males it is just entered as a Homologous pair even though they only have one.

As for the odd X SNP in males that show a heterologous pair, this is usually a failure to read that SNP value properly during testing, or maybe part of the PAR regions of X and Y (sections of X and Y that contain the same SNPs)

Comment

Working...
    X