Too many matches for Jews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many matches for Jews

As an Ashkenazi I have a few thousand matches,it seems. Now come on a minute! No way are all these people real matches.The numbers are low.I
    Have the same match list on each site.All are Ashkenazi.Even one that has a sliver on a chromosome 4-5th cousin? This is more than annoying.Why is the program spitting out these as matches? It hinders real match searches
    On one site the same matches with me match all the other matches on there.I think it should not work this way.Just give me the top ones.Now that holidays are here,advertising is off the charts.I want to scream out loud!!
    Does anyone else feel like me?

Perhaps filter out these matches? Focus on the matches with relevant shared cMs?

Comment

That's just how it is.

It's a similar scenario for Polynesians. I'm finding that some of my known relatives from one grandparent are mutual matches with known relatives from another grandparent. They're matching each other through their endogamous Polynesian ancestry whereas we match through their European lines.

Comment

Originally posted by ltd-jean-pull View Post
        That's just how it is.

They kind-of are real matches (you do have common ancestors, but sometimes they're WAY back) but you need to do some leg-work to establish which are the closer more recent matches.

It's a similar scenario for Polynesians. I'm finding that some of my known relatives from one grandparent are mutual matches with known relatives from another grandparent. They're matching each other through their endogamous Polynesian ancestry whereas we match through their European lines.

Comment

Working...
        X