Clear All

• USMC7312
    replied
    I am the root person

Leave a comment:

• JDP1144
    replied
    If you want your father and his ancestors

to show on your mothers tree, You must be the root person. It can't start at your mother and have your father's ancestors show. His ancestors are not directly related to her.

Leave a comment:

• USMC7312
    replied
    Yes, she is a spouse but she is set to divorced if that matters. Even so, my parents are both connected to me?

Leave a comment:

• travers
    replied
    Well your paternal ancestors won't be your mother's ancestors so they won't show in pedigree mode if that is what you mean. Or do you mean something else? So does your father show as your mother's spouse and then can you pull up his pedigree that way?

Leave a comment:

• USMC7312
    started a topic Import Tree Problem

Import Tree Problem

I am exporting my tree from FTM 2017 ver 23.1, which is the latest, as a GED file. I have disabled privatization and exporting media. The file uploads fine but there are a crazy amount of missing ancestors. Like my entire paternal side doesn't show up when I upload to my mothers kit? When I upload the same file to my kit, I do see my paternal ancestors. Anyone know what is happening here?

I maintain my master family tree on ancestry.com and depending upon how active I am, I try to upload a new tree on Fridays rather than manually adding ancestors on both platforms. I am not sure about this being the best practice, but it works. I just have to re-link all my DNA connections.

Questions:
    1. Anyway, the main question is why does the file import into my mothers kit, but ancestors are missing?
    2. How do I link to existing ancestors as spouses?
    Last edited by USMC7312; 16 March 2018, 08:41 AM.
Working...
X