Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to see other trees I appear in?

I received an email a week ago telling me that:

added me to their family tree on FamilyTreeDNA.com! Click here to see 's tree now.

Apart from replacing my details with the word 'me' this is a copy and paste from the email. Clicking on the 'click here' link leads to a myftdna error page.

Is there a way for me to see who has added me to their tree?

Good Question

I received such a notice via email. I was able to look at their tree, and found that they attached my kit number to someone who lived in the 19th century.

For the record, I am not 150 years old.

I made my FTDNA tree private for this very reason. But I would like to see to know how many other trees I'm spuriously attached to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhyssa6 View Post
      I received an email a week ago telling me that:
      added me to their family tree on FamilyTreeDNA.com! Click here to see 's tree now.
      Is there a way for me to see who has added me to their tree?
      The same happend to my wife (e-mail from FTDNA Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018)

added <my wife> (Kit Number: 123456) to their family tree on FamilyTreeDNA.com! Click here to see 's tree now.

Usually there is a name before "added ...." and now it was not, and the tree gave a classical "Houston, we have a problem!".
      Maybe FTDNA send out this notification due to some flaw in there IT system which they have often (this type of fault I have never seen before).
      May I ask when you click that link and look at the end, familytreedna.com/my/family-tree/share?k=1qnRKJ..... does it also start with 1qnRKJ , if so it was the same familytree.
      The reason it was no name, maybe that user changed his privacy settings after doing the linking.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnInMass View Post
        I made my FTDNA tree private for this very reason. But I would like to see to know how many other trees I'm spuriously attached to.
        But that will not stop you from being added in others tree, think you must make your profile private as well.

This email comes when someone has added you to there trees. Which I believe must be a match as well, else you can't link.

Comment

Working...
        X