X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jtblufa
    replied
    Thanks

I knew I wasn't losing my mind. I've been at this for 38 years. Something just didn't sound right when I called the first time. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks to all who replied.

Leave a comment:

• loobster
    replied
    Pretty sure - They will not process a FamilyFinder Test for a Kit that has FamilyFinder results. You definitely want to contact FTDNA and attempt to get this fixed.

And let us know. Hoping it works out soon!

Leave a comment:

• travers
    replied
    Originally posted by jtblufa View Post
    That was my question when I called the company. The young man told me both would be under one batch/kit number. I think I was even more confused after I hung up. She's first generation American from Hungary. I'm Irish and Scandinavian. What a mix up THAT will show! LOL

I only have one kit I ordered for her, but when I uploaded my test from Ancestry, it's showing up under that kit number. There is my confusion.
    Each person requires their own account. When you ordered your MIL's test you should have received an email containing the kit number and password. If you log in using those credentials and you see your autosomal transfer results in your MIL's account that means you were logged into your MIL's kit when you transferred your Ancestry results to FTDNA. If this is the case then you will need to contact customer service and they will need to move your Ancestry results into it's own account and you will be given your own kit number and password for your results.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    Were you signed into her kit when you uploaded your autosomal results?

Leave a comment:

• jtblufa
    replied
    Kit

That was my question when I called the company. The young man told me both would be under one batch/kit number. I think I was even more confused after I hung up. She's first generation American from Hungary. I'm Irish and Scandinavian. What a mix up THAT will show! LOL

I only have one kit I ordered for her, but when I uploaded my test from Ancestry, it's showing up under that kit number. There is my confusion.
    Last edited by jtblufa; 25 January 2018, 01:31 AM. Reason: left info out

Leave a comment:

• ltd-jean-pull
    replied
    Can you clarify please?

Are you using the same log-in (kit number and password) for yourself and your MIL, or do you have one each?

Leave a comment:

• jtblufa
    replied
    Pending

I got my mother in law a test for her birthday -12/10, and we sent it in a few days later. I took the Ancestry test and uploaded it to this site. When I look for results, it says "kit sent pending." I realize it was the holidays, but the batch number shows only my upload results. Does this mean they are still getting to testing, or they never received it?

Leave a comment:

• rrgart
    replied
    mine took about 3 1/2 weeks and that was during holidays- so might be a few days early?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    You must not be very impatient. How many years have you gone with out testing?

Leave a comment:

• familyfinder112
    replied
    So...

Roughly about 2 weeks+. But not earlier. Lol I’m very impatient.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    Test batched 11/29/17 results 12/16/17.
    Test batched 12/04/17 results 12/16/17.

Leave a comment:

• familyfinder112
    replied
    Whelp

Well I guess I shouldn’t be getting my hopes up. 😓😭😂

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    With the huge holiday sale they just had, I would expect results to be running late, not early.

Leave a comment:

• familyfinder112
    started a topic How long from Batch to results?

How long from Batch to results?

On the website it said 4-6 weeks but people have been saying earlier, usually. How long does it take? Sorry but I get really impatient over these tests!
Working...
X