Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MyOrigins results to FF Matches - How long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyOrigins results to FF Matches - How long?

One of my relatives sent their Kit back, and the results came in for MyOrigins on 12/18/2017. But the results are not in yet for Chromosome Browser or FamilyFinder.
    In Order History, it shows FamilyFinder as Completed on 12/18/2017 - but at top is a line saying there is an open order, and a link to "Check the status of pending tests" which when clicked goes to a screen labelled "Awaiting Tests" with Chromosome Browser and FamilyFinder listed - with FamilyFinder still having "Expected" of 01/01/2018-01/15/2018.

How long a wait is now "normal" between MyOrigins results and FamilyFinder Matches?

I've never known it to take more 24-36 hours to get your full results once they start coming in... usually less than that.

Comment

Any guess what might be going on, that MyOrigins results in 12/18/2017, but Matches still not in?
      Could a sample be good enough to get MyOrigins results, but not good enough to get results for matches?

What do folks think -- Should I be trying to contact Customer Service once they are back from the Xmas weekend, or waiting till after full "Expected" date range of 01/01/2018-01/15/2018, or??

Comment

Did they sign the release form? Check match and email Settings.
        Is the Raw Data available to Download?

If I remember correctly, myOrigins usually populates first, Then one has to wait on matches while they run kit against each one of the other kits in Database.
        Last edited by prairielad; 24 December 2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prairielad View Post
          Did they sign the release form? Check match and email Settings.
          Is the Raw Data available to Download?
          Release form signed. Match and email settings all look good. (I doubt very much he has even logged in yet).

Clicking on "Download Raw Data" gets another Pending Results Popup -- with comment "Your Family Finder results are still processing. / Please check back in 24 hours." - same as Matches and Chromosome Browser have, for a week now.

My current guess is, it failed one of the quality control tests, and is being re-run.

Crossing fingers and hoping all goes well, since FamilyFinder policy is different from that of other tests and this was a new kit so they will only try twice with sample sent - after that, they will give an option to pay $50 for one more attempt with a new sample (do not know if shipping and handling extra or included) - and after that, think you are straight out of luck.

I have myself as primary e-mail for both sender and receiver - so hopefully if reaches that point, I will be the one they contact, but still, very worrisome.

Comment

Yay! Results finally came in. Were still out when I checked earlier today - but received an e-mail this evening announcing "New Family Finder Results"- and the Matches are finally in, nothing left "Pending" -- Yay!!

On the Complete Order History, date has changed from 12/18/2017 to 12/27/2017 -- but just to make life weird --
            Match dates for all the matches so far seem to be listed as 12/18/2017

Comment

How long?

Wait so, how long did you have to wait between the batch date and MyOrigins results?

Comment

Originally posted by familyfinder112 View Post
                Wait so, how long did you have to wait between the batch date and MyOrigins results?
                Kit Received Date - 11/30/2017
                Batch Date -------- 12/4/2017
                MyOrigins showed up on 12/18/2017 -- at which time
                Complete Order History showed Completed Date of 12/18/2018 - this was one of the especially confusing parts

Matches came in on 12/27/2017 and then Complete Order History also changed to Completed Date of 12/27/2017

-- 12/4/2017 to 12/27/2017 for everything in for FF is fine -
                It was that long wait after having it listed as completed, and past experience informing that full results would come within a day, two days at most, of MyOrigins coming in that was nerve-wracking. (Plus, when you clicked on Matches, etc you got a message saying check back in 24 hours - same message, day after day)

So - hope this helps reassure others who may have this happen to them.

Comment

Same Problem

Just got my FF but the thing is not everything is there. Only the matches are. Lol, its the same thing that happened to you. Is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by familyfinder112 View Post
                    Just got my FF but the thing is not everything is there. Only the matches are. Lol, its the same thing that happened to you. Is this normal?
                    Out of curiosity, which batch are you? And yes, it is normal for some results to come in before other results. Tho it used to be the rest would come in within about a day or so of first results. Also - seems to be a bit more random now as to which will come in first.
                    -- And - think in past, they did not send the announcement that Results were In until they all were - you discovered the earlier results by compulsively checking even tho no announcement.

Comment

Working...
                    X