My matches & my brothers matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dna View Post
    Anybody knows a place in familytreedna.com ( but not forums.familytreedna.com ) that says so?

I have looked through my "Project Administrator News" in the GAP and cannot see it there...

Thank you - Mr. W
    While not directly from FTDNA, here are two bloggers' posts talking about the FTDNA notification to project administrators back in May 2016:
    I have not found any mention of the matching thresholds in the FTDNA Learning Center.

Comment

If I am looking at this correctly (and doing the math the right way) I believe that my brother's match and I share 12.78cm. I did look at the flow chart from the link provided in the last post. Then went to my own matches to see what the smallest amount of cm I had in any given match -- if that makes sense. I have ONE match with which I share 17 cm, ONE with which I share 19 and the rest are all 20 and up. SO, I guess to be on my match list it has to be at least higher than 17.

Comment

Here's the criteria:
        Option 1: 9 cMs and 500 SNPs for one half-identical region;
        Option 2: 7.7 cMs for the first half-identical region and a total of at least 20 cMs (including the shorter matching HIRs between 1 cM and 7 cMs);
        Option 3: 5.5 cMs and at least 500 SNPs for the first half-identical region for about 1% of customers who come from specific non-European populations

Comment

Originally posted by Sis65 View Post
          If I am looking at this correctly (and doing the math the right way) I believe that my brother's match and I share 12.78cm. I did look at the flow chart from the link provided in the last post. Then went to my own matches to see what the smallest amount of cm I had in any given match -- if that makes sense. I have ONE match with which I share 17 cm, ONE with which I share 19 and the rest are all 20 and up. SO, I guess to be on my match list it has to be at least higher than 17.
          Can you confirm which company you tested with? Have you transferred from another company?

Comment

Working...
          X